Cleaning window exterior in tall building...long handled squeegee?

In the past(pre-Taiwan), living in high rise buildings, I was accustomed to window cleaners coming along and wiping down the outside of large windows every so often. I’ve noticed here they don’t do that here as 1) no one probably wants to pay to keep the outside looking nice and 2) the weird blocky facades of the buildings here make it extremely trick.

I’ve grown tired of seeing the grime buildup on the window when I look out. Unfortunately I can only clean about 30% of the outside if I just stick my arm out and wipe down the outside. The part of the window that actually opens is much much smaller than the rest of the window. I think I can reach the whole thing if i had a squeege that was about 2 meters long. Has anyone cleaned the exterior of their window this way?

Can try magnetic window cleaner

2 Likes

Oh that looks like exactly what I need! Much better than wht I had in mind haha. Have you used it before?

The old style sliding windows you can just take out and clean them in the bathroom.

2 Likes

In a pinch, you could always use a broom handle or bamboo attached to a typical short squeegee.

1 Like

Or you could use the 100% made in Taiwan window cleaning robot for exactly this purpose:

Or use a power washer…

While standing inside my apartment?

1 Like

Thread is usually universal. Some 五金行 stores have telescopic broom sticks, combine that with a window cleaner end and you should be able to clean all the windows safely, unless the windows are really big.

Maybe they have U shaped attachment for it so you can spray the outside of the window with it…

Yes, that looks like fun. I don’t see a price listed

1 Like

More than the traditional methods mentioned. I guess around 10K.

https://shopee.tw/mall/search?keyword=hobot

Designed for cleaning gutters, perhaps you can extend it outside the open window to blast it with water or soapy water…

2 Likes

I have this, it’s annoying to use but it gets the job done.

I think you’re overestimating the utility of a power washer indoors.

They’re really useful for cleaning bathrooms too. Beats kneeling on the floor to scrub it.

Why would you kneel on the floor to scrub it? They have scrubbing brooms…

I buy the acid-based floor cleaner from Jackson, sprinkle it on, scrub with a scrubbing broom brush and done.

A power washer is overkill and likely unsafe to use inside a house as well as its potential to cause major damage.

I’m saying they have a lot of utility and gets bathroom tiles very clean without much work or chemicals.

I also use them for silk screen printing. They work very well for washing exposed screens. Also good for reclaiming a screen.

Yeah but you live in your workshop.

He’s talking about living in a high rise. The damage he can cause with a power washer is a bad idea.

They’re used for washing high rises too. Do you think window cleaners not use them?

If the window is any good they’re handle power washer just fine. Just don’t use it point blank. High rise windows, especially ones that don’t open tends to be very strong.

It’s a lot less work to use a power washer, using a wide dispersion with some chemicals. With the U shaped attachment you can stick it outside windows and wash it from the inside. It should get it very clean.

Or you can use the magnet scrubbing thing…