Clubbing culture vs the States

At least you have multiple sources from both ends of the political spectrum unlike here where find out who fell into the toilet or which bike got smashed into.

And the police may ignore you, but won’t shoot you.

Oh wait, that’s a good thing

1 Like

And couldn’t hit you even if they tried.

1 Like

They have hit people at times

Sure, but not the people they were aiming at.

2 Likes

OK, this is getting a bit serious for a thread about “clubbing culture.”

:thinking:

Could have happened, sure, but this is Taiwan. Pretty peaceful, and you gotta look far and wide to find any Taiwanese who’ll pepperspray a customer just for spilling a drink, mini-bouncers included.

Why do I get the feeling that there may be another side to this story? :grinning:

2 Likes

My point is that the bouncers are over agressive for no absolute reason. They just need to take a chill pill and stand in the corner. Only act if someone is breaking the rules or doing some weird shit. No need to get agressive with people that are obviously going to get drunk in a CLUB

They couldn’t move me if they tried. But I don’t make it into clubs much these days because the doors are so damn narrow.

2 Likes

Taiwanese club owners don’t pay bouncers to take pills and stand in a corner.

1 Like

Uh huh. Anyway, act like you’re somebody, or drink less, and I think you’ll be just fine.

Good luck!

1 Like

These were all times I didn’t get bottle service. When I do they don’t touch you at all. Just my observation going clubbing in Taipei over the years.

That sounds like the good old Taiwanese club owner business model. Kick out people who party on the cheap or who are too drunk to order many more drinks. Keep those high rollers with bottle service.

A post was split to a new topic: From clubbing

What?

Anyway, I think if you’re running into problems at virtually every club you go to then well…it’s probably time to look inward.

You just need to think of this as part of the exotic local culture when you’re slumming it in Taiwan. I mean, if club culture were the same here as it was in the U.S., what would be the point of coming, right? Just imagine you’re on a safari or something and you’ll be in the right headspace.

Gold mine of Taiwanese/Asian compared to states. Easier too

1 Like

Except for the short apeshit bouncers, amirite?

1 Like

0 problems in the states and I go every week. 30% chance of problems here without table. 0% chance with table here. Not bad. That 30% chance without bottle service pisses me off as it should be nada

Just get a table every time, then. Problem solved.

2 Likes