Clubbing culture vs the States

More likely a case of student bashing.

Full disclosure: I didnā€™t actually watch the video. I just automatically associate anything related to clubbing in the UK with ā€œchavs.ā€

Jeez that makes the Taiwan metro fight the other day look like a couple of children in the playground.

Yes you are right, just donā€™t expect any of the ā€œforumosa clubā€ (which are not foreigners by the way) to support you on saying anything remotely bad about Taiwan. Because they are a bit too nationalistic to be able to deal with remarks like that. Let alone that they visit nightclubs, and have any idea whatā€™s going on inside them. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Clubbing was fun while it lasted but it got old quickly. The music was terrible and it was always so sweaty and packed.

Now I just go to house parties or little bars and other spots where my friends are hosting events or DJing, performing, etc. That way I can always be sure Iā€™ll enjoy the music and the atmosphere.

I literally have no idea what your point is. :thinking:

Heā€™s saying weā€™re all non-foreign, nationalistic Taiwan apologists who just donā€™t understand clubbing culture. Get with the program, gramps!

3 Likes

Which nationalists best understwnd club culture is the real question.

These nationalistsā€¦ :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Do you figuratively have an idea what his point is?

1 Like

Is he cereal?

1 Like

Real cheap cereal.

I prefer ā€œaffordable.ā€

What kind of clubs are you going to in Taiwan? Iā€™m moving to the country in July and would love to know if its easy to meet people there, if young people like clubbing etc.

Picturing this when I read that

1 Like

Walked in looking for a nice thread on baby seals
Walked out disappointed

1 Like

I go to the main clubs. Chess for rap, AI and Omni for EDM. Yes young people love clubbing here and are pretty open and down to meet people.

Be prepared for a lot of djs shouting ā€œTaipei make some muthacussin noiseā€ every five minutes.

1 Like

I just called AI club to book bottle service and the woman on the phone was very rudeā€¦ She had a really bad attitude and asked me what my occupation was and if I realized how much 100k NTD was (price of the table). She stfu when I said investment banking and had a better attitude after that. Cmon seriously? Iā€™m calling to book a 3k USD table and you canā€™t even have a good accomadative service attitude? Asking my occupation and if I know how much 100k NTD is?