CNN Analyst Accuses David Webb of White Privilege. Webb is Black

Title says it all! Thoughts?

1 Like

I am shocked.

She’s a race-card playing moron.
As someone on the left, I view people like this idiot the same way those on the right might view Steve King.

3 Likes

This subject comes up from time to time. Both sides tend to talk past each other.

The person who first came up with this term White Privilege was Peggy McIntosh, who used it in an exercise of self reflection. That’s not a bad thing for people to self reflect and her previous study was on male privilege, so privilege comes in many forms. Women have instances of privilege over men, ask any women in Taiwan that was not forced to serve the military if they are thankful.

Self reflection, a good thing. But to weaponize it and use it to target people and bludgeon them with it because they think it gives them leverage, as this women did. Not such a good thing.

5 Likes

Is it possible to culturally appropiate male white privilege?

2 Likes

Are the Saudi’s counted as being white?

1 Like

They dress like that. Well, the males do anyway.

My point is can a black man be accused of claiming white privilege? There’s some kind of appropiation going on there.

A good friend of mine was from Ghana back in London, came from a very wealthy family, the idea anyone could discriminate against him, he thought was absurd, he was the one that got to look down his nose at the unwashed masses.

You know when my Asian American friends bring up these concepts I remind them who do they think they’ll come for next. Which other demographic in the US have been incredibly successful and with such a low percentage of population.

This is always the case. I’m trying to think of a suitable word, bewildered doesn’t suffice. People living in their own country have no comprehension of racism towards themselves, so have no reaction to it when it occurs other than confusion/amusement. If they move to another country they carry this.

This is why us immigrants to Taiwan are shocked when we encounter bigotry.

1 Like

No thoughts required. It bypasses the cortex and goes straight to the lizard brain.

1 Like

so true, I have a lot of Asian American friends in SoCal and I LOVE when they lecture me about white privilege while they (unemployed) drive around in $100,000 German cars and travel the world.

True fact: Harvard prides itself on being such a progressive institution, but they’re racist against Asians. They’ll reserve a spot for an A- black student over an A+ Asian student. Every. Time. And they use bullshit justifications like “personal ratings” to excuse their preference for certain races over others.

2 Likes

“Personal ratings” sounds a lot like what China plans to do

number 1: what Harvard is doing is wrong.

BUT how Asians game the system is also wrong. My friend is a big time guidance counselor and makes tons of money from consulting Asian family who are artificially charting their children’s extracurricular activities, telling them what kind of outside interests the schools look for and how to get yourself in those channels.

Its inauthentic and doesn’t lend itself to the top people. The buxiban system is also design to pervert mass tests like the SATs etc.

There is a strong argument that Harvard is adjusting to a changing landscape.

I wasn’t really responding directly to your point or saying you were wrong, I just wanted to post that while it was on my mind.

Well they kind of wear kkk type garments so maybe.

I support that policy. Blacks should get in before Asians

lol wut?

1 Like

I am not offended.

Just find this issue fascinating.

Most Americans are unfamiliar with how much gaming goes on towards the education system in this part of the world and how many of kids who make it from abroad are from uber-privilege.

Its sold like some kind of hard scrabble bootstrappy thingy