CNN Analyst Accuses David Webb of White Privilege. Webb is Black

I said I support the policy blacks before Asians for university entrance. If the grades are similar or the black persons grades are a little lower he should get the place over a south East Asian. Yes.

I guess he wanted you to further develop the idea, or the rationale behind it.

1 Like

We live here. We know how privileged most of the Taiwanese youth is in terms of private education. Private English tutors , private piano tutors, private math tutors, expensive holiday camps, and constant family structural.suport. Compare that to your average black living in Detroit or Chicago who still manages to get a similar grade despite living in those deprived circumstances . Asians also outnumber everyone else. The Taiwanese female is on average more privileged than any other group especially those groups of African descent.

The private education is at expenses of other things. Each one invests their money on what they want. I donā€™t see why you have to favour someone because of the skin colour, or how many of other people who look alike went to university or had private tutors.

1 Like

It has to be done on averages , yeah sure some blacks have that extra tuition , but generally way under what your average Taiwanese violin playing princess gets invested in her.

I donā€™t understand. First of all not all Asian Americans come from Taiwan, and you keep talking about Taiwanese. Then, why do you have to discriminate against people whose families investedmoney on educate them, more than the minimum? Youā€™re not even considering rents here, but applying your racist (?) prejudices making assumptions based on nationality or ethnicity supposedly for distributing education or perhaps wealthness among people who were willing to spend different time and resources on their education, so you counterbalance their racial average interest on education.

Fucking weird argument if you ask me (but well, you didnā€™t).

1 Like

The Taiwanese applicants didnā€™t invest that money in themselves their parents invested it in their privileged kids.
African Americans should of course be chosen over rich privileged ā€œkidsā€ from Asian Tiger countries. Letā€™s give equality of opportunity, and that includes proactively discriminating for African American applicants over the hyper privileged Asian elite, (violin playing or not). Iā€™m on the side of African Americans but you are insinuating Iā€™m saying something racist ?

Yes, youā€™re being racist for two or three reasons.

Again if you want to support the poor or give them more opportunities do it looking at rents, not at skins.

Now I think I remember you said you were black?

1 Like

What issue do you have with my skin.color ?

Precisely what Iā€™m saying is that it seems that you are the one with that kind of problems.

1 Like

You could have tried to build your argument talking about depressed communities, access to resources, ghettos, etcā€¦ But even if so, the black guys opting for Harvard are hardly the typical black dude from a ghetto.

Iā€™m calling out privileged Asians Iā€™m not calling out their skin color. Why do you want to bring up my skin color do you support some sort of white supremacy ?

Heā€™s arguing for equal opportunities for Asians, yet you call him a white supremacist? :man_facepalming:

How do you know if an individual is privileged or not?

Good lord, save me from the stupid discussions I like to join because I like winning discussions that are easy to win :smiley:

If you had been here long enough youā€™d know Iā€™m not only privileged but also supreme.

Screenshot_20190117-210618_Chrome

Memes are great for laughs. But theyā€™re an awful way to make a point during a serious debate.

3 Likes

I think you just like to keep down the black race.
But you will fail

This is fun.

1 Like

Are you Areva Martin by any chance?