CNN Analyst Accuses David Webb of White Privilege. Webb is Black

Do you seriously not recognize the racism here?

You are advocating for making decisions based solely on skin color, for discriminating against many colors in favor of one skin color. That is the textbook definition of racism.

5 Likes

[race and gender neutral, non allergenic snack eating emoticon]

2 Likes

Being an African American is not just about skin color it’s about the fact our ancestors were your slaves just over 100 years ago. Seems like you still want to marginalize them.
So you people think Asians and whites but not blacks should dominate university campuses just because of your wealthy childhoods

I don’t know why you would say that I “still want to marginalize” black Americans, I don’t. And my family did not own slaves. In fact, my father’s great-great-grandfather fought for an Illinois regiment in the Battle of Atlanta during our Civil War. He fought to end slavery.

Nobody in my family is in favor of slavery, then or now.

But making decisions based on race is still textbook racism. It was racism then and now.

2 Likes

Respect to your grandfather.
However, black people cannot be racist because as a whole they are not in a position of power to be racist.

We’re going to have to agree to disagree then.

Black Americans have been on the receiving end of affirmative action for more than a half-century now. Some of the most anti-black racists in the USA are themselves black. Anti-white racism exists, too (believe me), and anti-Latin racism doesn’t seem to have disappeared either. They demonstrate daily that they are, indeed, in a position of power to be racist.

I really don’t know what to think about what you’ve said. Are you British?

What in the actual fuck?

3 Likes

This is what I was always taught in University… But then again when I look up the definition of racism it doesn’t mention this clause.

2 Likes

Family was originally from the west Indies. British passport.

You were taught well then

I hope it’s not your argument that a black American cannot commit a racist act or utter a racist statement because his American brethren, as a class, are powerless and thus any racist act or words uttered by him are to be ignored. Or tolerated? Or what, zeroed-out somehow?!

Or is it the duty of white Americans to bear his racism with our heads bowed, duly shamed by our past?

Trying hard to make sense of what you mean here.

1 Like

It would be bad manners, and insulting but not racist the same way as if an Asian or White said it. Especially an Asian

Interesting. I think you are off your rocker, but hey. Different strokes.

2 Likes

You can’t build an inclusive society if racism is tolerated, or if racism is sanctioned by the state. Racism by any race. Black Americans are plenty powerful enough to be racists, and it should not be tolerated. By anyone.

America doesn’t work otherwise. No democracy works otherwise.

1 Like

At first:

but then…

I_Know_That_Feel

Blacks and Whites are slowly working things out. And yeah still some whites are racists but the Asians are the worst. Ever tried to work as a black man in Asia it’s way worse than in America or the UK.[quote=“IbisWtf, post:55, topic:176273, full:true”]
At first:

but then…

I_Know_That_Feel
[/quote]

Now you guys are posting white men hugging. Is that some sort of white power thing ?

Exactly, and now I’ll go finish my daily gallon of pure white milk.

3 Likes

This MUST be trolling. This can’t be real.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: From white privilege

This is a thread about racism and you’re posting white ghostly men hugging on it. What next KKK tea parties ?:rage:
And you posted a white power hand signal too