Cody Wilson of 3D Printed Gun fame accused of sex with minor, flees to Taiwan?

In a Wednesday afternoon press conference, police said Wilson’s last known location was Taipei, Taiwan, and that they were working with international authorities to return him to the U.S. The nature of Wilson’s trip to Taiwan is unknown, and he sometimes travels there for business. Austin police said they believed Wilson skipped a scheduled flight back to the U.S. after receiving a tip that he was under investigation.

Egads. What is going on over there??

I hope you don’t mind that I changed the title to reflect that this is relevant to Taiwan. (Otherwise, some people would shrug and say oh it’s just more American politics…)

Another idiot who got Taiwan confused with Thailand.

10 Likes

i give the authorities 3 days to go through street cam footage to track him down.
easy-peasy

1 Like

I bet 2.

Any rewards for ehem, letting his whereabouts known to the authorities? Meaning have charges been filed in Taiwan for his arrest?

Impossible to know what actually happened there from the vague nudge nudge wink wink article. Maybe he raped someone, or maybe he had consensual sex with a 16-year-old (which is legal in most countries, including Taiwan and several US states). He sounds like a thoroughly unsavoury character, but it’s possible there’s no reason for Taiwan to deport him.

1 Like

Taiwan and US has no extradition treaty I believe. Idk if that means they won’t send back US citizens accused of crimes in US.

Great chance for a prisoner exchange for the little Taiwanese lad with all the guns and bombs and stuff.

Keep an eye out for him. BM ladies night tonight is a likely venue for this sort of operator.

Didn’t the flamethrower student already go back?

K is right on it with his usual finesse:

classy! There’s a guy who knows how to treat his jailbait.

1 Like

She lied about her age. It could very well be a sting operation too. He is high profile.
Anyone else and this wouldn’t have made the news. Consensual. Creepy, but consensual. No story here.

2 Likes

Don’t counselors have to follow client confidentiality?

1 Like

A counsellor is an unqualified busybody with no formal code of conduct unless they belong to some professional organisation that enforces one. Some countries also enforce exceptions in cases of lawbreaking.

3 Likes

Whether or not she lied about her age is inconsequential. It’s still illegal. Also, if it was a sting the police wouldn’t have allowed her to be sexually assaulted before they intervened.

This same thing has hit the news before over nobodies.

Minors cannot consent. Creepy and very illegal.

Except there’s a sexual predator on our island. I’d personally feel happier once the police track this piece of shit down and get rid of him.

1 Like

16-year-olds can consent in most of the world. The U.S. has very conservative laws in this regard.

If she lied about her age, he would be under the impression he was doing nothing illegal. Should he have to check her ID? What if it’s fake?

Probably so they can prosecute pervs like this loser. So… good on them? They typically have Romeo-and-Juliet caveats to stop kids who mess around with each other from being prosecuted.

None of that matters when you sexually assault a minor.

So it’s entrapment? If she lied and he believes she’s of the age of consent, he’s not “sexually assaulting” her, but rather just having sex with her.

well its a good thing being a pedo isn’t that much of a looked down on thing here. if so you can add it to being a back home loser, player and all the other stereotypes taiwanese have about foreigners.