Components for aluminum shelves?

More looking for the proper mandarin names for these. But shops Welcome as well in the south if anyone knows :slight_smile:

The aluminum framed shelving units sold everywhere nationwide. I am looking for the aluminum sticks, corners, door materials etc. Wanting to buy bulk sticks and cut my own for our animal enclosure projects. Does anyone know what they are called? Or perhaps the wholesalers/factories that sell the parts?

Cheers for any help

鋁合金收納櫃. This seems to be one manufacturer down your way.

1 Like

I recall @QuaSaShao having aluminum extrusion that he built machines with, but these are very heavy, however I’m sure they have much lighter duty ones.

Actually I have a friend who buys aluminum by the ton, I can ask him. They sell aluminum extrusion for the purpose of building either machine frames, or whatever else you might want to use it for.

1 Like

Cheers, they will probably be able to sell the bits n peices we want :slight_smile: and will be in the area around Christmas, perfect.

Thanks TL, we don’t need it by the ton. Probably just 20 or so night table sized enclosures. Far too little for custom extrusion. And we want cheap haha. Those cabinets are everywhere and will work. We just want to build custom sizes and insert screen and glass instead of wood/plastic. That’s the general idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Go down to a furniture district or look online. You can easily get them custom made to the size you want etc. Not sure about some of your specific requests.

1 Like

Ya I have checked such stores and gotten quotes. but still pretty expensive. Want to just buy the components and slap em together myself (they literally slap together) :slight_smile: full length sticks I can cut myself, the joint peices and bobs my uncle :slight_smile: it’s like Lego, but want to avoid the cost of Lego.

It’s about a 100k project if I buy pre-made animal enclosures, that still need some redoing. Trying to get in and around 20k :money_mouth_face:

No, what I mean is, I can ask him to order whatever for me, and he would charge me whatever the supplier charged him. For aluminum it’s about 120 or so per kg, but I do not know what the price is for extrusions.

It would need to be somewhat specific extrusions. Does he deal in such products?

I still don’t know what the mandarin term is for these things. But basically looking for a place that sells these things. And the extrusion like those cabinets that are everywhere.

Those are exactly the stuff that @QuaSaShao had.

I’m sure my friend has them. I need to go to him and look at the catalog though.

Or you can message him and ask him where he gets the extrusions.

the extrusions in that picture are usually referred to as t-slot or 80/20 in the US if that helps. Pretty expensive, and not the same as what’s in your first picture.

1 Like

This is my supplier: http://www.jikuan.com.tw/

They cut to custom lengths and their prices are good.

1 Like

Cheers. Ya, I don’t know the name of the local shelving ones, hence my issues trying to find them haha. Still not sure the name.

Just trying to show the kind of things I need. Basically full lengths of the evolving extruded and bags of the joints.

@QuaSaShao Cheers. I can cut everything myself. Just need the sticks.

These things are pre-made and probably millions all around hehe. The aim of going this route is that because they are so common, they will be cheap. Or so I am hoping :slight_smile:

cheers for the link, keeping that one in the folder for future projects.

Can you cut aluminum? Just order it to the length you need. Easier to ship shorter sections than long ones. While you can cut it with a wood circular saw, I’m not sure about larger pieces.

Make sure you CALL them, do not write emails, they never answer those.

1 Like

Ya. Either way, cutting isn’t really a big issue. Its more to avoid factories ignoring me for being too needy. I can cut it here easy enough.

Finding the name for the dang things is more important haha. Then I can contact the companies and get it ordered.

We always call, or go in person. We gave up on emails decade’s ago :joy:

They have the means to cut it to length. Tell them you want such and such extrusion in such and such length and it will be cut to length. It wouldn’t be possible to transport a 5 meter section of it otherwise.

Look for a catalog and tell them that’s what you want. Might need your wife to help.

Some of those extrusions are quite heavy, I wouldn’t use a woodworking saw to cut it.

Al extrusions are easy to cut, with miter saw, bandsaw, jigsaw, or even a sawzall (a hackzall is great for quick cuts). Just get an appropriate blade (a fine tooth carbide wood blade on a miter saw will work if you don’t want to get a dedicated blade).

These are all pretty lightweight. You’ve seen those cabinets and shelves out and about right? It’s not big stuff. We have trucks to pickup, my order wouldn’t be worth them delivering anyway.

Wife tapped out, she can’t find the term either. I am almost wondering if it’s a patent or something, can find all kinds of it, but nothing like what we see sold above lol.

I have been searching various terms and getting close, but still no cigar. And various combinations + - and the usual google stuff.

鋁管置物
型材鋁材
鋁製櫥櫃架
鋁架

Edit. @Poundsand ya, cutting isn’t really an issue. Finding the name for this thing turns out to be the issue haha.

Jikuan’s cuts to length are dead accurate, low cost and makes shipping easier than shipping 3 meter uncut lengths.

Didn’t notice they had these types of extrusions though. Will recheck. I’m pretty sure the price for custom would make the venture pointless.

You know what they say about assuming. Just ask for a quote. It’s free.

2 Likes