Concentrated Lime juice or Limes

Any recommendations as where to find highly concentrated lime juice? The kind you can add just a couple of drops into drinking water or tea . Or preferably actual Limes and I can make my own. I’m not looking for 10% lime water , but at least 99%.
I do not wish to import but buy in Taiwan.

This. No substitute if looking for quality. Don’t the grocers carry these?

Ok great , so where to buy them?:+1:

Have the grocers and fruit markets stopped selling them?

Cross link. Unfortunately aged.

We seldom have them here in Pingtung, I have to go out and look around to find them and not always successful.
They have lots of the smaller green lemons that have caught me out a couple of times but actual limes are a bit hit and miss (a lot of citrus farms around here also).

I have taken to using the Yangnan Lime Cordial as an easy alternative

You can get in carrefour (sometimes) and in the cooking supply shops (more often)
or from Shoppe (always available somewhere).

2 Likes

As per the thread linked above: look for 無籽檸檬, or seedless lemons. Maybe City Super sometimes calls them limes, but I forget.

They’re not reliably available, but are much easier to find in markets than in supermarkets. Like with many products in Taiwan, I guess there’s some kind of a season, but I’ve never figured out what it is. Often I’ll have to try out a few fruit or produce stands before one has them in stock. Once in a while they’ll appear in Carrefour. I think they’re usually in City Super: I definitely saw them in the Zhishan Sogo branch a few weeks ago.

“True Lime” is a decent product of crystallized lime juice. I’ve got it in City Super before, and also ordered from iHerb. To my (undiscerning) palate, it works fine if lime isn’t a main flavor: I wouldn’t use it in a margarita, but I’ve used it for cosmopolitans.

3 Likes

A seedless lemon is very different to a lime. It will be a disappointment.

SE Asian stores will have limes pretty much without fail, IME. IIRC my local wet market has limes in its SEA section (galangal, limegrass etc). This is in Taoyuan, though, so they’re catering for the local market.

3 Likes

The key… lime.

Missing my Planter’s Punch sitting on the deck in Wan Fang Community while Chinese opera resonates in the backdrop.

There is no lime in the local market Einstein!
It’s not native and out of season.
Serious answers only please.

I’ve easily gotten them in local market at any time of year. As said above, 無籽檸檬. Some tropes just won’t die :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still a pain getting limes when they keep offering you lemons :wink:

Sour never tasted so sweet - Taipei Times.

1 Like

Occasionally you have to bring them back. The green lemons are pretty easy to tell, but there’s a weird bad tasting seeded hybrid (I guess?) that sometimes creeps in. I insist on my seedless lemons being seedless :slight_smile: There’s nothing they can say about that! But it’s just an occasional annoyance. Generally speaking, easy to purchase and you get, limes.

Yep. I don’t know where the OP is, but in Taoyuan I find limes and other hard-to-find ingredients here:

2 Likes

Simply a rendezvous.

Here we go , yout guide to limes in Taiwan.

They’re not gotten easily at present or there would not be this thread.

That’s not necessarily true. People have misconceptions about all kinds of things. Your initial comment doesn’t seem to reflect the fact that they have been easy to buy in ordinary markets at any time of the year, for years.