Congratulations to the Queen for her Platinum Jubilee

Amazing 70 years! For the most part she is well liked and more so recently! Most leaders over time become less popular but not the Queen.

7 Likes

She’s not a leader. She’s a figurehead.

5 Likes

Is this supposed to be ironic or something? The British royalty is a waste of tax payer money and time.

8 Likes

I do not think it’s waste, in fact cheap tourist promotion and PR for England. If your in England you will see many people visiting Royal related places and spending a like goods related to the Queen and family.

4 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Cheap lol.
They especially aint cheap if you understand the billions in assets they control all over the UK.

2 Likes

Aah, in time of joy talk of what is not joyful. Very Taiwanese act at New Years, a time of Joy so no need tell people why not married, why not buy the nice new house…

1 Like

Britishness at its finest if you ask me.

Republic of England when? :joy:

I mean if she wasn’t popular…is there anything they could actually do about it?

i suggest they extend and come here. Make Charles the duke of xindian, Harry the Earl of Pingtung. we will get free PR and lots of tourists, China will not attack us as part of the commonwealth. Taiwanese youths will take gap years in the UK and improve their English, thus bringing us closer to bilingualism by 2030.
its a win win

7 Likes

When I saw this thread, I thought of this:

Now if we could just get this figure of colonialism off our money in Canada! :rofl:

Guy

4 Likes

Hope it last longer than r-0-Canada

1 Like

This is pretty good!

But I wouldn’t want this colonialism to be extended further onto Paiwan and Rukai territory. They’ve dealt with enough nonsense already.

Guy

I checked all the registered historical facts, and I was shocked into shame to discover. How I’m the 18th pale descendant of some old queen or other.

2 Likes

You think Elizabeth Regina would want to switch Balmoral with CKS villa in Shilin?

its ok man, we dont discriminate against LGBT here, let alone it was so long ago.

1 Like

Yeah, look forward to when its Charles’s ugly mug.

If there’s ever a justification for obsoleting cash, or making Bitcoin legal tender…

1 Like

Back in 1977 there were street parties in every city and town.
That will still happen in many places.
Even though I was a boy, I can remember the 77 party. I am now in the same place as back then, and there are no parties around here like back then.
Attitudes have changed.
And of the few pro Queen lot I know, they don’t like Charles.

4 Likes

She’s pretty well liked as the Queen of Australia too but I think once she passes away there will be a push for an Australian republic.

Also we don’t pay taxes to the Royal Family so money rarely comes up in the republic debate. The Australian government usually pays for royal visits but they aren’t obliged too.

1 Like

I would be curious to see some figures on exactly how much tourist revenue the Royal Family actually generate, because I’m not convinced that they themselves are bringing in that revenue rather than the attractions like Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle are. In other words, do that many people actually visit the UK because the Royal Family are still active or do they visit the UK to see the castles and palaces?

Even if it were discovered that the Royal Family actually generate the amount of money that is claimed to make up for what we pay in taxes to fund them (which I doubt), that doesn’t factor the billions of pounds in assets they own. It also doesn’t factor the sheer obscenity of the fact that we’re funding these people to live a life of luxury as if they’re better than everybody else and somehow deserving of this treatment due to their bloodline.

1 Like