Congratulations to the Queen for her Platinum Jubilee

The queen was dressed in bright green, even at her age some bold clothing.

Nothing compared to Prince Charles in the UK let alone the rest of the aristorcracy there. Still should be compulsory purchased back in my view.

2 Likes

I donā€™t get all the adoration the royals receive when they behave as bad as everyone else, maybe even worse. The whole show feels fake and outdated.

1 Like

I suppose it depends how you feel about aristocracy in a democracy.

It mystifies me why some people think this is great. :neutral_face:

Guy

2 Likes

Otherwise people create their own aristocracy. Celebrities seem to take the place.

I think some people enjoy looking up to others for no reason. They like getting wanked over. John Cleese got the little Englander spot on with Basil Fawlty.

Also, a lot of people donā€™t like democracy. They tend to be people who live in democracies.

2 Likes

UK is hardly the only country with a royal family. They are just the most famous because they speak English and the Commonwealth association. Scandinavia, Spain, Japan, low countries are all monarchies as well, and their royal families are all very popular (except maybe Spain whose royal family is even more scandalous than Britain).

Iā€™ve learnt something. Cheers!

You didnā€™t know?

1 Like

Btw royals in other countries are much better looking. This is Carl Philip, Prince of Sweden.

Felipe VI, King of Spain

What the hell are you talking about?

7 Likes

It used to be a lot worse. The Saxe-Coburgs before they got the Diana DNA!

1 Like

Fortunately no photos back then, and looking through portraits would have sent me to sleep!

Short, massive ears, awful teeth. Theyā€™re also really thick.

1 Like

But at least theyā€™re not sweaty. That Carl Philip looks a bit sweaty.

All well and good if they knew where it came from, when and whoā€™s was it and how do they now own it?
Iā€™m surprised at the ā€˜purchaseā€™ part - did they buy it? Who knows?

Maybe , as most land was taken back during the land reform movement pre and post independence. But you can guess that Cavendish (of banana fame) had more influence on the UK govt to support him than most .

Anyway looking at this jubilee I wouldnā€™t mind having a party with the neighbours, its not a bad idea overall.

2 Likes

Maybe so, but I will take my Australia, UK, Canadian and US education over your solely Canadian and solidly cultural Marxist education. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

1 Like

Yes Canada is in my soul.

Wait did you mean something else? :rofl:

Guy

Looks like the queen is not well. This might be it for her.

I avoided touching the ā€œLikeā€ lest some people take it the wrong way, but yes, seems quite a few family members are hightailing it to Balmoral. I hope she hangs on though, the prospect of ā€œKing Charlesā€ does not appeal to me.