Congratulations to the Queen for her Platinum Jubilee

No its not really ,there are a diversity of views. The queen is respected by most. Just not our queen and not into that jubilee stuff.

3 Likes

70 years though. Pretty amazing.

3 Likes

And replace it with asshat images of PET, Cretin, Pearson, or Justin? :face_with_monocle: :roll_eyes: I would rather have images of Ho Chi Minh, Lenin, Long Dong Silver, Attila the Hun, or even Cleopatraā€™s Egyptian mummified clit on our dollar bills vs Liberal Party politicos or some leftist academicā€™s PC choice. :laughing: :laughing:So leave the royals on vs having to make such decisions.

1 Like

I take it you learned little during your education in Australia thenā€”other than remaining an apologist of empire. :rofl:

Guy

Give me all that money, Iā€™ll be the best patron of art in history. They contribute nothing, save as a distraction from the real problems in the UK.

3 Likes

So no one visits Versailles anymore because the French ousted their parasites?

3 Likes

This thread has reparations vibes.

Nah itā€™s just time to decolonize our minds. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

1 Like

Some breathless nonsenseā€”more hagiography than actual journalismā€”from Agence France-Presse (accessed via todayā€™s Taipei Times) on the jubilee events:

Guy

Thereā€™s some irony in them giving to the arts, after what they looted in Africa.

2 Likes

King Faisal was once believed to have said that in the end there will only be Five Kings

The King of Hearts
The King of Spades
The King of Diamonds
The King of Clubs

and The King of England

1 Like

A quote made in 1948 when George VI was King, Elizabeth wouldnā€™t become queen until 1952.

A rather inappropriate comment IMO, she herself has avoided scandals while others in the family have not done so well.

I wish her well, even Iā€™m not a fan of the royals, seems like she was a good sort.

2 Likes

Ita ridiculous they do this jubilee for spoilt rich people when their living standards are diving. But hey not my country.

2 Likes

I thought the whole village was invited.

She is indeed a good Queen

The quote is actually pro English monarchy
And means England always will have a King

The next monarch of England will be a King
It is not wishing her ill. She represents the monarchy.
She is indeed a Monarch

She is King except in name

She is a Queen who is actually The Monarch with a husband who is a Prince

She is not a Queen with a husband who is King

As
Diana would have been if she was still married to Charles when and if Charles becomes King

It is said he may not and if he does Camilla may not be Queen

Iā€™m not saying I agree with it 100% but there is an argument that she did work tirelessly for 70 years and is considered a good queen as far as a monarchy goes. I donā€™t particularly like the monarchy but it does seem she has done a lot to serve the country. 70 years is certainly something amazing to celebrate.

And itā€™s also really to let the Brits enjoy a long 4 day weekend of socializing and drinking. Something people here have sorely missed.

7 Likes

4 day weekend is definitely something nice.

1 Like

Its ok nothing to see here my son is not a dodgy mothertrucker who should go to jail, the PM isnā€™t a serial liar and spoofer, Northern Ireland is not a toxic mess.

Britains biggest landowner is concerned about bickering right now. Is he gonna donate some land to the masses ?

My mother told me the pageant was good though :smile:.

Prince Charles ā€“ Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall & Rothesay, High Steward of Scotland, Lord of the Isles, etc ā€“ is the largest private landowner in England. In his capacity as Duke of Cornwall, he owns an estate of some 135,000 acres, spread across 23 counties.

1 Like

I meant patron metaphorically. The UK has maintained or even expanded its cultural outreach over the past decades despite its declining economy and industry and they owe it to their history and traditions, of which the royal family forms a big part.

1 Like

Seems Anglo Lords own much of Ireland also, what they donā€™t sell to the Irish government.