Conor Mcgregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov-October 7

The idea that only casual fans enjoy getting hyped for a fight is nonsense. Hardcores enjoy the whole package. Part of what makes fights exciting is the promotion and narrative. There is no shame enjoying that side.

As Rogan says “I love a hype job, thats what makes me a good hype man”

1 Like

One doesn’t elevate his TDD because it was Khabib who took him down. Money took him down too.

As for the revisionism, nah. Not from me. Aldo and Eddie charged right at him. Bad game plan. Nate hung back and it worked out for him…I happen to believe he won the 2cd fight too after he…gasp… got the TD in the 5th. No one with a brain will ever move to the right in a Conner fight again and go straight at him. And Conner will always be on the look out for the TD.

Chad Mendes and Khabib are two of the very best wrestlers in MMA history. Doesn’t mean that his tdd is not good. Nate Diaz is an elite level bjj black belt so getting beaten on the ground by him doesn’t mean his grappling is poor.

You seem to be saying Conor won all those fights against elite competition by luck and bad decision making from opponents. Which is funny. All three judges gave Nate the final round for that takedown. So it’s irrelevant to final scores

1 Like

Which also supports the claim that trash talking is part of the game. Why would they deviate from what anyone would logically think is the better game plan. These pros can’t figure it out? They clearly got their heads messed with.

No no no. CM’s a very good fighter. No doubt. World class. I just feel his advantage, the trash talking, won’t have the effect it has had because the holes in his FIGHT GAME are so apparent now. Eddie and Aldo bought into it, made dumb mistakes against a world class fighter. I am not trying to take that away from him.

But every fighter tries to wrestle Conor. They just don’t get the opportunity to because he controls the distance so well.

True. We’ll see what happens if he fights again. I think his tell is known now. He’s going to be worked from his right by anyone who doesn’t want to eat his left. Chuck Liddell was a killer until someguy went, “He kind of over-commits to his punches, doesn’t he…I should throw a counter left.” lol

2 Likes

I think we only see Conor fight two more times. There is only:

1. Khabib 2
  2. Nate 2

For Conor to beat Khabib he needs to go back to his original wildman fighting style. He became so much more conservative after he emptied his tank early in Diaz 1. He stopped all of the caporeira kicks and first round headhunting. But this is the only way he can beat Khabib, because even if he survives a five round fight, Khabib would have held him down long enough to win on points

He really destroyed a lot of his legacy by throwing the dolly at the bus. I think it killed the cool character he projected before. Was such a heinous , stupid act that cannot be forgiven. I can write off everything else, but not that

I bet a lot of people said that about Tyson biting Holyfield’s eat off. If he can get 1 or 2 more good Ws, I don’t think many people will hold it against him with him. More of something they’ll remember him by.

I like 2 kinds of athletes. One who is an absolute dick and will do anything to win on the court/ring/field etc. The other who is a complete class act.

i am showing insane bias by saying that both guys are not innocent? ok then.

and if you think this was a quick thing for khabib again i have to think you haven’t been watching for very long. he’s been getting done over for a long time. did you forget about the time conor won the lightweight belt after zero lightweight matches then proceeded to not defend it and not get stripped until after 2 years?

didn’t conor even do this exact thing and threaten to quit and retire after he didn’t want to do the nate diaz thing? but because i am not backing your boy conor i am apparently insanely biased. thats a laugh.

its pretty obvious that tony would be a very hard fight for him, which he is likely to lose. tony had the damn interm title and conor didn’t even make a peep about him. all the top fights for conor are looking pretty unwinnable. khabib, tony, gsp. i think he should stick with nate or an aldo rematch. even max holloway or porier. get some wins back. 3 losses in row would not be good.

Literally don’t know what you are referring to. Two wrongs don’t make a right. Everyone should be punished. Khabib started it though, he jumped feet first into the crowd. That’s why you are showing insane bias here. I get it, Conor is a bit of a dick and should face some fine or something for being involved, but you need to be impartial.

The Zubaira guy didn’t act in the heat of the moment, it was a premeditated act. He made a video saying so. So he should never be sanctioned to fight again. This is why everyone is saying your biased.

I think Tony is a lot more winnable for Conor than GDP or Khabib. Tonya striking has improved, but he got lit up by Lando Vannata Conor would destroy him on the feet . Tony is also a hard fight though

I think GSP would dominate Conor more than Khabib did. Styles make fights

Confused by relevance big this to a trained fighter, entering the octagon and attacking a compromised losing sanctioned fighter, after the fight. Then going on social media and saying that it was planned.

We aren’t discussing anything else. Conor got preferential treatment and should have been punished by the company for the bus attack, but this is irrelevant to the case of Zubaira

mate just stop. i’ve already pointed out its not irrelevant to khabibs beef. the point of which is the double standard. which everyone but conor mgcgregor fanboys can see. if you are going to repeat the same thing over and over please don’t bother.

again its the ‘he has a punchers chance’ thing.
tony has some big advantages over conor, reach, height, cardio, ground game, literally non stop pressure. on paper its not conors favour at all. i don’t think this fight is ever gonna happen.

You are the only person here arguing that. You are the one with clear bias. You are the one not seeing things from any logical standpoint.

I’ve already posted comments from Chael and Luke Thomas. Nobody with half a brain can understand where you are coming from. You just dislike the guy, great but doesn’t mean you can support him being assaulted.

Everyone can see Conor has got preferential treatment in the past and should have been published for the bus. But we are talking about now and what happened last week. This is why Khabibs logic is pure meatheadery.

Anyway Artem already has a new opponent

Will never happen at this stage. Conor has 1 or 2 fights left and they will be against Nate or Khabib

Slight change of subject.

Anybody care to speculate on actual body weights at the time of the McG-Khabib fight?

What’s McGregor’s natural body weight, 184-6lbs? Khabib’s is rumored to be ~200lbs. If true that means he cut ~45lbs to make weight, then managed to put enough of it back on to grind down McGregor and pretty decisively.

I know that grapplers often have a long history of cutting-to-make weight and gaining most of it back without sacrificing strength or cardio, but 45lbs is a lot (even if most of it wasn’t cut in the last two weeks or so) and makes me wonder what both fighters actually weighed at fight time.

conor is around 171pounds fight night