Conservative Talk Show Host Gets Waterboarded

youtube.com/watch?v=qUkj9pjx3H0

rawstory.com/blog/2009/05/conser … erboarded/

[quote][b]Chicago radio host Erich “Mancow” Muller decided he’d get himself waterboarded to prove the technique wasn’t torture.

It didn’t turn out that way. “Mancow,” in fact, lasted just six or seven seconds before crying foul. Apparently, the experience went pretty badly – “Witnesses said Muller thrashed on the table, and even instantly threw the toy cow he was holding as his emergency tool to signify when he wanted the experiment to stop,” according to NBC Chicago.[/b]

“The average person can take this for 14 seconds,” Marine Sergeant Clay South told his audience before he was waterboarded on air. “He’s going to wiggle, he’s going to scream, he’s going to wish he never did this.”

Mancow was set on a 7-foot long table with his legs elevated and his feet tied.

“I wanted to prove it wasn’t torture,” Mancow said. "They cut off our heads, we put water on their face…I got voted to do this but I really thought ‘I’m going to laugh this off.’ "

The upshot? “It is way worse than I thought it would be, and that’s no joke,” Mancow told listeners. “It is such an odd feeling to have water poured down your nose with your head back…It was instantaneous…and I don’t want to say this:
absolutely torture
.”

“Absolutely. I mean that’s drowning,” he added later. “It is the feeling of drowning.”

“If I knew it was gonna be this bad, I would not have done it,” he said.[/quote]

these right wing clowns are such tools, luckily in this case one gets to find out the truth.

Classic.

Mancow is conservative? We used to get his broadcast. He was a huge ICP fan. :roflmao:

Man Cow? :roflmao:

I just wanted to point out that an awful lot of quasi-celebrities have volunteered to and have been waterboarded to see if it was torture.
I don’t see people volunteering to have their balls electrocuted or lay on top of growing bamboo shoots for days.

If it’s so bad, why are so many celebrities lining up to have it done to them?

Because they are ignorant jackasses. Why don’t you give it a try since you remain unconvinced? :unamused:

:discodance: [quote=“Mucha Man”][quote=“Chuanzao El Ale Destroyer”]…If it’s so bad, why are so many celebrities lining up to have it done to them?[/quote]

Because they are ignorant jackasses. Why don’t you give it a try since you remain unconvinced? :unamused:[/quote]

Why not? I can come out unscathed and prove I’m a real man in less time than it takes to get thrown off a bull. :moo:

Let’s get some gen-you-ine army waterboarders at the next Forumosa happy hour and waterboard for charity. Who else is in?

Insane Clown Posse?

Well, let’s see.

He said “I’m a conservative libertarian kind of guy in a very liberal city.”
He claimed Obama is a closet Muslim.
He supports Bush’s war in Iraq. He called Howard Dean a “traitor” who “ought to be kicked out of America” for his opposition to the Iraq War.
He criticizes Democrats far more often than he does Republicans.
He once considered a run for office as a Republican.
He’s a major supporter of gun rights.
He claimed that waterboarding is not torture.

Sounds pretty conservative to me.

Insane Clown Posse?

Well, let’s see.

He said “I’m a conservative libertarian kind of guy in a very liberal city.”
He claimed Obama is a closet Muslim.
He supports Bush’s war in Iraq. He called Howard Dean a “traitor” who “ought to be kicked out of America” for his opposition to the Iraq War.
He criticizes Democrats far more often than he does Republicans.
He once considered a run for office as a Republican.
He’s a major supporter of gun rights.
He claimed that waterboarding is not torture.

Sounds pretty conservative to me.[/quote]

He sounds conservative all right. I’m not an authority on ICP politics, but I’m sure he was a big ICP supporter, or used to be.

If it’s not so bad, why do the right-wingers who undergo it, who had been mocking it as “just getting your face wet”, all bail within a few seconds, and then quickly change their tune and say “Yes, it is torture”?

Who are the ICP anyway? Unreferenced acronyms aren’t always very helpful when an organization is obscure.

If it’s not so bad, why do the right-wingers who undergo it all bail within a few seconds, and then quickly change their tune and say “Yes, it is torture”?[/quote]

Like I said before…
I don’t see people volunteering to have their balls electrocuted or lay on top of growing bamboo shoots for days.

I’m not saying it isn’t bad, I’m sure it is, but I’m saying… they’re volunterring for it. That says something, doesn’t it?

[quote=“Chuanzao El Ale Destroyer”]
I’m not saying it isn’t bad, I’m sure it is, but I’m saying… they’re volunterring for it. That says something, doesn’t it?[/quote]

That they’re fools?

The event:

youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … Ukj9pjx3H0

I’m not familiar with Mancow. The fact that he volunteers for this and emerges afterward with no problems shows whether this is actually “torture” or not. Actual real torture results in permanent physical and mental injury. This does not meet that criteria. It works by way of a natural reflex. Unpleasant and frightening it undoubtedly is.
But the question remains - Does this work in gaining usable information when dealing with terrorists?
The answer has been shown to be…Yes.

FWIW, I think this was stupid publicity stunt. I have seen the results of real torture and both its ophysical and psychological aftermath. I do not advocate the use of torture.

If it’s not so bad, why do the right-wingers who undergo it all bail within a few seconds, and then quickly change their tune and say “Yes, it is torture”?[/quote]

Like I said before…

I’m not saying it isn’t bad, I’m sure it is, but I’m saying… they’re volunterring for it. That says something, doesn’t it?[/quote]
Because people automatically know that balls being electrocuted or being strapped to the ground on sharp woody spikes for days is bad. They can easily imagine the horror of it.

With waterboarding, people don’t know what really goes on. They think it’s just having water poured on their faces. They think it’s a walk in the park, despite testimony from others who have endured it that it’s torture.

In other words, these people are volunteering for it because they’re idiots.

The process being referred to as “waterboarding” has been in use for at least 60 yrs. and probably much longer. Its application and effect methodology is well known in the trade.

It is a mistake to think that this is a new technique.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]The event:

youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … Ukj9pjx3H0

I’m not familiar with Mancow. The fact that he volunteers for this and emerges afterward with no problems shows whether this is actually “torture” or not. Actual real torture results in permanent physical and mental injury. This does not meet that criteria.[/quote]
First of all, torture is defined by the Geneva Conventions as “outrages upon personal dignity”. Permanent damage is not a necessary criterion for torture.

Second, Mancow, Hitchens and SERE trainees have the choice of when to stop. Real victims of torture do not. Hitchens and Mancow both had it stopped within a few seconds. Of course nothing permanent happened to them (except maybe a change in opinion on what this procedure is. They both confirmed it is torture).

And do you really think that the guy that the US waterboarded 187 times ended up with no permanent psychological scars from the ordeal?

Blah blah blah. Torture is designed to get information out of people.Is your Dad REALLY bigger than my Dad? Etc. Disparage at your peril, oh left-wing demagogues.

The “187 times” has already been shown to be a mis-interpretation of a document. So much for that myth.

All a terrorist has to do to avoid being “water-boarded” is to say…“OK, I’ll tell you what you want to know.”

And then lie.

And then face “water-boarding.”
A bit self-defeating I’d say. The object is to not be “water-boarded.”