Coronavirus 2020 - Your experience in home quarantine

Is it possible to use Uber Eats without a credit card? I’ve only used it couple times a while ago, and I know that Uber has “cash” and “Uber cash” options, but really only used the cash option when booking a taxi via Uber

Carrefour delivers almost everywhere, not the islands. They take credit cards, but you can pay with cash also. At worst, McDonald’s delivers even in small towns.

I typically use food panda because it has a cash on delivery option. Uber eats does not.

Yes, but they only exist in cities :wink: we are a good 40to 50km to the nearest fast food joint for example. Lots of areas in taiwan like this. To be fair i never called a mcdonalds to see if they will deliver 1 hour away each way, just assumed

you don’t say… :thinking:

Well, there’s a movie about a guy living off McD, it’s not a long term solution. How about Carrefour or Wellcome, do they deliver in your area?

Supersize Me ? It was a 1 month experiment I guess. No good outcome came out of it, and he was a healthy guy before starting. But then again, is McDonalds really much worse than those fried stuff we get here?

No worse, and I suspect better due to the better quality control a large corporation can have in its sourcing and cleanliness. Key point however is how often you eat that stuff! Supersize Me’s one-month experiment was fun, but also blindingly obvious: if you eat only junk food for a month, you’re going to damage your health.

2 Likes

wait until food delivery drivers stop showing up for work when they realize they could be coming in contact with quarantined person/people, or your food delivery person visits you (healthy) while carrying the virus on your food or the bag of food after just having visited quarantined person/people

3 Likes

Any updates on the home quarantine protocol? Got someone flying in soon

From where? Currently only need quarantine for China, Hong Kong, Macau (as far as I know)

Singapore

Person is not allowed out and about. Absolutely banned from public transport.

Prepare a separate room. Affected person should keep a distance of one meter from others. No hugs, no kisses, no horizontal tango.

Common areas should be disinfected 3 times a day.

2 Likes

Good info, but where are you getting this from?

TV ad. Internet. Government website.

I translated this stuff. You did not read it. No one reads it… :sob:

I forgot: affected person must wear mask at all times, except for eating and shower.

3 Likes

I’d love to read it! But as I’ve posted in this thread and others a few times, I’ve been unable to find it! If it’s online in English, a link would be really appreciated.

1 Like

One more thing: do not share table to eat. No eating from same bowls.

Wash hands. Do not touch face. Rest. Relax.

I am sorry. I do not write in English. Lemme see what I can find…

3 Likes

I saw the TV ad about quarantine rules too, but just once, so I don’t remember enough to write. Thank you!!

1922 said folks arriving from Singapore are free to go if no symptoms. Not the same as arriving from China, Hong Kong, and Macau.

1 Like

My point is that all these large companies tend to be in high (population) density areas…so i was originally mention to above post about they are very unclear on the laws and how to get around qaurantine. A big problem is that a very large portion (land area) is not serviced by huge companies offering delivery. The thought is laughable to the folks in the countryside. So thats the point. People in areas with limited services cannot be expected, long term, to not leave to get supplies. Ideally people in taiwan should have emergency rations given the very real risk of typhoon and earthquake disasters and the limited risks such as war or nuclear issues. Most arent, but in the case of quarantine (bio security) where people should actively try to limit spreading a disease, the options of stocking up are much more limited in comparison to say a typhoon where they could actually walk somewhere. So if the government wants to make laws forbidding people to leave, they must ensure the people can at the very least eat. And that seemed to be the issue in above conversation. The gov is quite vague.

For those people the choice is: starve or break the law.

Personally i dont think corona virus will be so doom and gloom and i also dont think the givernment here is so harsh not to realize this issue and still punish people. In fact i bet they will bring food to those in rural areas. But as per the gold standard here they are likely way under prepared and havent thought things through very well so some people will get hurt or die before they figure out the issues and they will pay them…then onto the next thing, likely also caused by China.