Coronavirus crisis open thread - March

It’s enough, many people have to make do with less.

Jin Bao Shan was practically empty when we were there. We went really early.

I think I have a greater chance of winning the lottery. Twice.

1 Like

Sounds like Okinawan cuisine, with the added bonus of wheat.

Your family is operating like a Taiwanese official. Beat the WHO members crowd.

2 Likes

Obviously there’ll be at least a few assholes nothing and no one will be able to control, but in general I have a reasonable amount of faith in Taiwanese people to do the right thing. Let’s see if they ruin that for me over the next few weeks.

3 Likes

The last I read, the mushroom houses were due to be demolished:

Bye bye mushroom houses

Here’s some more info:

2 Likes

Hope you’re right!

The Beiahi Fuzuo (北海福座) cemetery / columbarium, in the hills of Sanzhi, had lots of traffic control last weekend - but I think much of that was managing sakura-viewing crowds.

There were two sets: the ones near Sanzhi are gone, but another set, I think near Yeliu, is apparently still around.

2 Likes

NO WE DONT

14 day quarantine

2 Likes

It’s not the reasonable answer if you listen to one of the world’s leading experts in the field:

1 Like

That reminds me, that several sakura places are either closed down -the Tamsui temple- or with strict crowd controls.

Nationwide work from home by next week. You heard it here first.

My higher-ups are already floating the idea.

I guess that’s the 天元 temple? There were certainly cars lining up to park there on the weekend, and people were going in; I can’t speak to any controls they may have had.

We got fresh produce like veggies and fruits. Rice aplenty. So look forward to curries and stir fries.

Now that you mention wheat, yeah, that might be a problem, but AFAIK Taiwan Beer is made of rice, no?

1 Like

I had seen the news of them closing down so people wouldn´t go.

To The_Bear

A guess, or do you have like insider info?

I’d love to see a nationwide ban on all 拜拜ing for the next few months. No ghost money, no incense, no firecrackers, no tomb sweeping. Massive and enforced fines for not following.

Would clear up this pollution nicely :wink:
Not to mention curb the public 檳榔 spitting.

4 Likes

I work for a very big tech company and just translated a work from home check list. It’s not for sure it’s happening, maybe depends on tomorrow’s numbers.

6 Likes