Coronavirus crisis open thread - March

Just tell 'em you’re a Rambling man…

4 Likes

1 Like

Does anyone know how many ventilators Taiwan has?

2 Likes

It turns out Ireland makes half the world’s ventilators. Never knew that, good news for my fellow citizens.

5 Likes

Keep everyone out
Returning tour groups forced quarantine
China resident Taiwan citizens barred for now
That’s what they should do
USA and Canada border closed today

1 Like

I never knew the old country makes masks, exports them to Israel, Europe.

1 Like

You may have the ventilator market locked down, Denmark seems to be confident in their grasp of the toilet paper.

1 Like

I think Ireland wins 1:0 .

1 Like

Not a Southern Man?

2 Likes

In other news, the WHO finds time to chastise Southeast Asia, tells them countries should to more to contain the spread abroad… :noway:

Because yeah, Malaysia, Thailand and a bunch of other countries in the region saw a spike in cases recently, but it is their fault cases are increasing in number abroad…

BTW Malaysia saw a spike because of a Friggin religious meeting…

6 Likes

Trump presser now:

-2 hospital ships, one to NYC, one to West Coast depending on need
-U.S./Canada border shut except to trade by mutual consent
-HUD suspends evictions/foreclosures til end-Apr
-Recommendation to delay any elective surgeries

1 Like

– Calling on Millennials to heed what’s in the CDC guidance.

2 Likes

Also mentioned that Millennials should stop thinking they’re invulnerable. Can still get very sick and die.

7 Likes

Seeing all those people rushing superstores like Costco and amart, I can’t help but think the last time to stock up was 2 weeks ago

2 Likes

UK very late in instituting lockdown. Everyday matters.

2 Likes

At today’s presser, Trump is pressed on why he continues to call the virus “Chinese Virus”, said it isn’t racist.

" It comes from China. I want to be accurate. I have great love for all of the people in our country but as you know China tried to say at one point (maybe they stopped now) it was caused by American soliders. That can’t happen. It’s not gonna happen. Not as long as Im president. It comes from China. "

16 Likes

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

best from doobies in my opinion “long train runnin”