Coronavirus crisis open thread - March

Fuck Who
We don’t need THem
They should be renamed the China heath organization anyway
And belonging to the United Nations of China

Yeah the last time I had a bike was 20 years ago and this was the first time in 20 years for me

I’m good for the next 20
Wife liked it though

3 Likes

Man, India

10 Likes

I think Modi called the lockdown with 4 hours notice. The man is insane. He pulled a similar stunt with his demonetisation disaster.

EDIT: I’ve now read the articles properly and I notice it mentions the 4 hours in there.

1 Like

Probably because of all the air pollution.

1 Like

Visualization that makes it super easy to spot which country is no longer in exponential growth. China’s number of course is as useful as dirty rags.

The video that explains the chart.

8 Likes

I disagree.

If, as seems likely, China now has this under relative control, and The West (especially the US) hasn’t, this will start to look quite like a very successful Chinese attack on the latter.

Economic interdependence aside (OK, a big aside) CCP relative power and influence can be expected to increase at home and abroad, by being less debilitated, by the demonstrated superiority of thier response, and by thier ability to offer aid during and after the pandemic. I’m pretty sure somone will have already suggested this in one of these big threads and I’m pretty sure it will also have occured, at least as a “silver lining”, to the CCP.

It’s not necessary to suppose it was deliberate, but there are some clear potential benefits this time around, and theres always the next time.

2 Likes

On the MRT it’s 90% of people wearing masks.

1 Like

They are calling it #modimadedisaster

It’s horrible.

2 Likes

He doesn’t have a clue about the practicalities of the lives of his own people.

2 Likes

That he has no connections to the CCP?

5000 years of culture must count for something.

3 Likes

World leader in biowarfare technology.

Nice.

5 Likes

Sounds like she needs to be sent to Xinjiang Reform School.

1 Like

95…actually it depends on the line. Brown is the line of death so high compliance.

1 Like

South korea south east asian country?
Lol

Her American husband didn’t seem to care.

WHO seems to want to rank right up there with the IOC and FIFA as a major member of SIA (Sleazy International Abbreviations).

2 Likes