Coronavirus crisis open thread - March

Obese, old, probable heart problems. Not promising. His number one child might be the one who takes him out.

I still think he’s invincible, though.

1 Like

This is the kind of stuff being posted from the US (sadly, this one was from my own niece). While it’s true that the media loves to exaggerate, she’s totally missed the fact that scientific and health care organizations have been/are warning of the implications of this pandemic. It’s the America-centric “It doesn’t/can’t affect me, so why worry?” combined with “Don’t let the government control me” mode of thinking that is so troubling to me (and I’m American).

10 Likes

I just watched this. 10/10. Mildly disappointed that even with all this virus talk, Joe didn’t even ask his guest if he’d had his blood work checked.

Probably a Russian bot.

Yesterday I saw a foreigner on the MRT carrying a box saying ‘Biologic’ something, the company it was from is Covance.

“Covance, a global contract research organization, worked on all of the top 50 best-selling drugs available today through its full spectrum of nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services.”

Coincidence?

1 Like

MAGAs are we tall did af. If I were there, I’d welcome the opportunity for everyone to stay even further away from me than my usual reclusive self.

Ah, you speak the difficult tongue I see.

7 Likes

Is that Trump posting?

2 Likes

This is why America is the scariest place on the planet right now. A lot of very ignorant people about to get an enormous comeuppance.

3 Likes

I’m in Austin. 2 hours ago they publicly announced our first two cases. I was just woken up by a call at 3am telling me all schools have been closed. I think they might be taking this seriously.

5 Likes

The Trump base?

I’m surprised no one knows what we tall did means.

No. What did it mean?

Not very comforting

1 Like

Sry we all dum as fuk here.

2 Likes

About this herd immunity… I thought people can be infected multiple times, with worsening chances for each. Even the guy in the Joe Rogan video said you’d have an immunity to it once you catch it. I don’t very mingbai it.

2 Likes

Covefe!

2 Likes

Retarded…like your post.

4 Likes

A few weeks ago, there were a couple of cases of people being infected multiple times, but I think that was viewed as “something that can happen, but only with really bad luck.” I haven’t heard much about it lately.

On general immunity: I think that’s still unknown. I gather coronaviruses mutate fairly regularly - a couple of them cause common colds year after year - and I guess they mutate just enough that you can catch them repeatedly. But for Covid-19, a) too early to tell, and b) I’m not sure what timespan that holds for: if you’ve caught it once, are you fairly safe for a few months, until next year’s strain?

I’ve certainly read articles raising the possibility that this may simply forever become part of life (and death, ugh), and “cold and flu season” will become “cold and flu and Covid-19 season”. I don’t think anyone’s really predicting that yet - just suggesting it’s possible.

People that are not infected now will get it next time around?