Coronavirus Crisis Open Thread May-September

There it is. Australia has literally become a police state.

That’s too much!
This news deserve to be here:
https://tw.forumosa.com/t/this-week-s-wtf-story-award-goes-to-2020-edition/196088/330

Berlusconi has the virus and is in the hospital now.

Not sure how closely you have been following the developments in england, but wearing face masks in shops and public transport has only recently become mandatory. Half a year in and they just figured this out. And yes mandatory still means about 75% of people wearing. Or less. Nobody gives a shit. Travel quarantine is new too. And seems to basically be optional.

Damn, get me infected then!

Robert Pattinson tested positive, The Batman filming postponed. :cry:

P#@o 2020…

I don’t understand why they picked this guy for Batman. His body isn’t jacked enough and he refuses to workout for whatever reason.

Suit has muscles built in, even nipples!

He’s got a couple of good acting roles. Give the man a chance. Hope he recovers quickly for that chance to be this reboot.

Batman is also Bruce Wayne. He’s going to look like a metro sexual in skinny cut suit when he’s Bruce Wayne?

Bruce Wayne is supposed to be the prime of the male specimen. He works out and trains religiously. Robert although handsome isn’t built and doesn’t want to work out…

This is his Batman body :man_facepalming:

https://twitter.com/rpattinsonfr/status/1271102198223482880?s=21

He just looks like a normal guy that doesn’t even workout. He shouldn’t be jogging at all in fact. He needs to eat and lift. Who is giving this guy training advice for the role?

Maybe @Rockefeller know why they aren’t bulking this guy up? Don’t they usually tell the actors they need to be in some kind of physical shape for a role?

The best Batman body has to be Ben. He’s physically built with the right frame. The acting just never captured the role.

Christian Bale is my favorite in terms of acting. He did his best physically, but Bale isn’t a large frame guy. But really impressed with what he did coming from the Machinist to Batman.

1 Like

In relation to my full post, masks aren’t being worn much in Stockholm.

But, anyway, wearing masks is great but it isn’t lockdown. Other than that, your reply has little to do with my post. Other than, perhaps, lockdown didn’t work because people didn’t wear masks afterwards?

Because the country was fucking behind, and we still are. It took six months to realise wearing masks and quarantine was a good idea, and its still half assed. So, using the UK to draw your lock down conclusions isn’t really the best example is it.

@Andrew0409 I’m calling it now. He’s going to be the andrew garfield of batmans. they should have gave the batman property to the guy that did joker. This one looks generic as hell. its a bit grittier and dark than the last one? wow thats interesting, doing a gritty batman movie when we already had batman returns with the gritty gothic vibe turned up to 11.

2 Likes

Pattinson has done really well in some roles post Twilight, I have to give him credit. He is a good actor.

But I really don’t understand why they picked him to be Batman. And why he refuses to bulk up. Bruce Wayne having skinny abs just seem weird.

I’m not solely using the UK to suggest that hard lockdown is a balls up. It’s clearly the case in most countries. Now, whether the reason for its failure is because it wasn’t initiated early enough like New Zealand, or if it’s failed because some idiots won’t buy into it is now irrelevant. At this point in time it won’t work in a democracy.

And again, lockdown does not equal wearing masks.

Aiming for the teeny bopper market?

Which shows how they fucked up. You are just shitting over your lockdown gains if you allow people to use supermarkets and public transport - as they did in the uk- without masks.

Is it supposed to be Bruce Wayne as a teen?

I know they did Gotham with Bruce as a kid.

I feel like I’m going to get the virus when I go to the UK.

Was nationwide lockdown worth it? Should it be tried again?

I reckon you’ll be OK. Just stay clear of my mum.

I will have to rely on public transport. I don’t like my chances.

1 Like