Coronavirus - Delta Variant

Breaking - Country music shares nose dive as the audience numbers implode.

I agreeā€¦get vaccinated people. If you want to. If you donā€™t and you get sickā€¦no one to blame.

No need to shame and guilt people into it though.

Using covidiots to describe people who think differently is really cringe. Luckily no one in real life says that.

3 Likes

It has potential to cause trouble to others.

Think of it like wearing a mask. Yes we can moan about it, feel less than awesome about it on a hot summer day. But these things work best (not 100%, but most effectively) when you get the whole gang to do it.

Ditto with vaccines, which do not claim to provide 100% protection (this was never the case, even with COVID 1.0) but help out best when as many people in the gang do it as possible, thereby giving this wily virus less places to go.

Never mind helping to shield front-line medical staff, who have put up with far too much already! If nothing else, think of them.

Guy

1 Like

Oh here we go. Armchair expert incoming.

Yep, I stopped taking you even halfway seriously at this point. The flu is NOT classified as a coronavirus. :smile: Until you can get your basic facts down, I recommend sticking to innocuous memes and angsty hot takes. :+1: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on - you perpetuating this (unknowingly or knowingly) is annoying.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not how I read that sentence. I took it to be both the flu and other coronaviruses mutate a lot. He wasnā€™t saying flu viruses are coronaviruses.

4 Likes

Sorry, the conversation ended a few hours ago. I donā€™t care what you think and how you take me.

Got me there.

Your free advice is worthless to me. I donā€™t care what you have to say.

Nah, I actually fucked up there. He got me.

4 Likes

For single-vaxed, 50+ me, this isnā€™t very reassuring.

1 Like

Well you can conspiracy spin any fact to suit the conclusion.

But Delta variant is a very real threat to essentially unvaxxed countries with huge popn of elderly such as Taiwan . Or you want us to be locked down for the next ten years ? :neutral_face:

Whatā€™s the game plan to get us out of this that does not involve vaccination ?

2 Likes

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Open Thread 2021

Their isnā€™t one apart from death on a huge scale.

2 Likes

Oh great more good news to start next week on.:wink:

LOL

Anything from the Guardian will be Behavioural Insights Team sponsored to scare the living crap out of people.

Eta strain is coming.

Can you remember when everyone was panicked about the Kent (alpha?) strain? Good times.

I miss that little bugger

1 Like

Crackpot strain is brewing on these forums.

3 Likes

Who gave it everyone? That is my question.

1 Like

Fuck me. A coronavirus thread that was a car crash from the very first post. Must be a new strain of the moronosa virus. :joy:

2 Likes

Dont mention the moronosa (shivers).

2 Likes