Coronavirus Mental Health/Support Thread

What kind of bike are you riding?
Did you properly adjust the seat height to fit you?

2 Likes

youbike haha. i lowered the seat probably too low but the seats are uncomfy

YouBikes mess with my knees. The seats don’t go high enough, and more importantly, there’s something wrong with the angle. My guess is that your knees will be fine with a road bike adjusted properly for you.

1 Like

I’m actually not really running yet. I’m taking a 3.15km mountain road course with an 8.8% average grade and running as much of that as I can. I then walk down. I’m sure that’s much easier on my knees than running on a flat course. But I still want to try that soon.

Maybe you could try a mountain road sometime, I mean if you’re missing running.

1 Like

British diplomacy at its best :rofl:

4 Likes

Harder on your knees coming down. I try to run on grass as much as possible kind of hard now they taped off the parks like multiple murder scenes.

3 Likes

For some reason, my knees are okay with walking down that mountain. Bad running mechanics that don’t come into play unless I’m on a flat road with a higher speed? Not sure. I’ve had more than one runner comment on how my right foot landing is off.

I think that would help me. The track by my house is closed though of course.

Just imagine how much cheaper psychotherapy could be if it were reduced to the essentials …

2 Likes

I think that Virus is having a “Twat effect” on whole nations. It should be renamed Twat…19.

1 Like

Indeed. It seems to be one of those rare pathogens that primarily affects the brain, and it can do it without even infecting the host.

2 Likes

This is exactly the goal of biological warfare. To spread panic and mass hysteria by an unknown perpetrator rather than just killing people which nuclear weapons are far more effective at.
Dam I think it just twatted me too. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I post this here as a warning. Do not underestimate how much participating in a pandemic stresses you out. Even from a lockdown position. We are not made to stay in the cave, that’s why we shunned people like that before covid. Take care of your mental health. It will take a hit.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/medical-properties-trust-invest-950-131500682.html

BIRMINGHAM, Al., Jun 15, 2021 --(BUSINESS WIRE)–Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (the “Company” or “MPT”) (NYSE: MPW) today announced that it has entered into definitive agreements to acquire 18 inpatient behavioral health hospital facilities and an interest in the operations of Springstone, LLC (“Springstone”) from Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe (“WCAS”) for total consideration of $950 million. Springstone, based in Louisville, Kentucky, is a leading provider of behavioral health services in the United States distinguished by its purpose-built, inpatient facilities in carefully selected markets and care delivery across the full behavioral care acuity spectrum.

That’s a big bet that a LOT of people are going to have trouble readjusting to the new now. :astonished:

4 Likes

25 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus and mental states discussion

The 1.0 also hurt my knees a bit. I noticed that if I stepped on the pedals with the middle part of the foot (as opposed to the part of the foot that usually strikes the clip on pedals) it stopped.
Also, for some reason, the 2.0 feel more comfortable.

1 Like

The restrictions, the heat, the different (or lack of) routine, are all making me physically sick. I’ve been to doctors more than I would want to in the past month for things unrelated to Covid but indeed caused by everything going on now here. I want to be able to enjoy things again. I want to be able to use a toilet when out. To drop inside an air con space for 5 minutes if I am overheating, able to be at open spaces under the blazing sun without a mask, able to eat outdoors be it camping, on the beach or during a hike in peace. I fell sick again and just wanted to vent.

8 Likes

Vent away. Wouldn’t want to be ill on top of everything else. Hope you get better. And when you do, I’m finding it’s not all negative, this semi lockdown that is.

3 Likes

For myself, being separated from my children over father’s day (in the US) with also not being able to go anywhere seems pretty unbearable. But humor in tough situations keeps me going.

Some Taiwanese style pandemic comedy for your viewing pleasure…

2 Likes

Whatever it takes to keep your spirits up.

For what it’s worth: happy upcoming father’s day to you!

Guy

1 Like

That sucks and I’m sorry to hear that. Your ONE day! lol

If you’re of the philosophical bent…I ran across this quote from Haruki Murakami the other day, from his book on Running:

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Given that it was a writing class and I totally ripped it off, I added

Action is necessary.

Happy Father’s Day! If you were within 50 miles of me, I’d have you here with a beer, playing pinball!

1 Like

Thanks! Normally I would just sleep in that day, but they were being sweet sending me cards and photos from quarantine so made me miss them more.

2 Likes