Coronavirus Mental Health/Support Thread

Stop watching the news:

Seems cases are plateauing in some countries like Italy. So social distancing and lockdowns are working. That’s some good news. We have to hold on to hope.

1 Like

I really don’t know how we can maintain this state of fear/alertness/isolation for a year… :disappointed:

Well it’s not as bad as the people in world war 2

You guys in Taiwan are not on lockdown right ?

Not yet anyway…

Mine have been ok generally, but I did have one where a nuke went off in the distance, I’m bracing for the fallout wind or whatever…then when it came, I didn’t wake up, it just turned into some sort of pre-wind or something. In the dream I actually thought, if it were a dream i would have woken up, and started anticipating a next wave of radiation or something.

So fun! But at least when the nightmare is over, you’re in your bed, probably.

1 Like

A podcast episode and partial transcript from The Atlantic, talking with a therapist about dealing with grief and depression. May be helpful.

1 Like

Be lying if I said reading this didn’t make me a little misty.

These doctors and patients…hero shit!!

9 Likes

I only speed read that but I gave it a like anyway

I am the news! or what passes for it lately…

1 Like

I think that adds to the tension. We are living our lives normally, yet the feeling is that we are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

2 Likes

Whoa

Can’t say my dreams these days are more stressed than usual

Did have a strange one last night where this friend told one of his friends to go tell this girl
He liked her

Never mind the rest is x rated

On another thought anyone see the super pink moon tonight
Wow !

And my cats were acting up real bad all at h The same time

Took whopper out for a walk around 8 pm and I’ve never seen him like this

He insisted on a walk then started growling and hissing non stop then ran around the place tugging at the lease one lap around the complex pool and then immediately headed home after I said let’s go home following every direction to turn left and right on command

As there were several ways back

Weird

2 Likes

Stay safe, man. Cats know shit.

2 Likes

That’s why they tend to hide it. :grin:

3 Likes

A nice article appeared in today’s Japan Times, presenting some helpful self-care advice from Masaki Nishida, a psychiatrist and faculty member at Waseda University:

Guy

2 Likes

@Andrew0409 I am guessing by the username number and the birthday :birthday: it is your birthday. If so, Happy Birthday! I can’t imagine a birthday in isolation but, hey, at least someone you don’t know and is on the other side of the world remembered you.

Wish you lots of health and imune system. Enjoy the time with your family and fiancée and have a delicious meal :blush:

6 Likes

Nice spot!

Happy Birthday, Andrew. I’m guessing 28.

1 Like

Only six years older than my eldest child.

1 Like

I bet his first birthday wish is for this whole COVID-19 thing to be over.

2 Likes