Coronavirus Mental Health/Support Thread

Happy birthday, @Andrew0409. I hope you find a way to go for your postgraduate studies :wink:

Thank you!

Thanks you! You are correct!

Thanks!

4 Likes

I’m on a freaking role today. Won big on poker this morning and then guessed your age. Lottery shop beckons

1 Like

I can tell you this, it’s a birthday you’ll probably never forget. Hope 29 is happier!

1 Like

Thanks. It could be a lot worse.

The comune I’m at actually sent me some mask today so it’s like a nice birthday present. Small, but you learn to appreciate these little things these days.

4 Likes

Had a little dry cough all day and a headache. Both now gone. What do I do? Head to the pool and push hard. Probably not the smartest thing but mentally, I feel so much better. BTW, the hostess bar girl who was infected…i know where the bar is and it’s so close to where I work. Just added to my overall paranoia today.

Happy birthday ! Enjoy your bday masks lol.

2 Likes

I bought some resistance bands to get some kind of workout going. Going crazy not being active in the house all day. The best part of my day is my walk to the grocery store…

2 Likes

Walk slowly to make the most of it.

1 Like

Starting April 15 to May 5
Playstation owners take note

Tiring
:mask:
Letting these infected sailors in has made me feel lethargic, I had a small hope we were winning.

It’s not quite as bad as it seems, for the most part. Most of the cases stayed home and when they did go out they generally wore masks. The places they went and public transport they took were also disinfected and all their contacts traced. Kaohsiung might be worst off for the time being but I think it’s still fairly manageable. Just keep taking your normal precautions for now.

2 Likes

Ok thanks, i have sleeping pills to help.

I seem to have picked up a condition wherein I cry every time Jacinda gives a press conference. Maybe I’m home sick.

3 Likes

It’s an emotional time. Take care of yourselves folks, and be kind to yourselves too.

Guy

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m in Zuoying right dab in the middle of this fiasco. I’ve already resigned myself to the fact I’m probably going to get infected. Or at the very least we will have a localized lockdown. Am I too pessimistic? I don’t know anymore.

Probably just don’t roam around too much for the time being and you’ll be alright.

1 Like

Be positive. I am in the semi rural UK and it’s a country wide lockdown. The first few days of lockdown (and I am away from family) were tough. Then it gets routine. Eating healthily, Skyping with friends and family, using masks, visors, gloves, etc. when buying groceries once or twice a week, watching shitloads of Amazon Prime, Netflix, working from home; etc. The hardest part has been keeping mentally healthy and I found it difficult at the beginning…a month into the lockdown, I am feeling better mentally. It is out of your control, Taiwan is doing much better than most countries, and just minimise the risk.

5 Likes

Edit: Deleted. Wrong thread.

This too shall pass.