Coronavirus Open Thread 2021

People are making money for solving problems?
How dare they are!
They should make money by producing and selling junk like all the other honest working people or collect social security instead.
How dare you Brian.

Here are some true patriots to lift up our spirits.

1 Like

You have an exceeding poor grasp of the numbers. A ton of countriesā€™ national debt is way above their annual GDP value. Japanā€™s national debt has been >200% for decades and they are still fine.

Nonsense.

Swedenā€™s population density is 1/10 of UKā€™s, and itā€™s a highly egalitarian society with a very low income gap, unlike Britain. Even with such sparsely distributed population and little discrepancy in the quality of healthcare provided to the population, >10k of people died. Thatā€™s a substantial number.

So can a burglar just break into your 80 year-old motherā€™s house (assuming sheā€™s still alive) and feed her a bullet? :roll:

I doubt it tbh.

Funny how you attempt to deflect my words with a video about an anti-mask wearing activity in an American supermarket.

What is the relationship, exactly?

Are you incapable of staying on topic with a logical argument?

You have attempted to deflect a discussion between Brian Jones, and I, which has been ongoing.

Brian has already consistently made illogical contributions to the discussion, and made fallacious statements, constantly putting false words into my mouth, and itā€™s all on the record in this discussion.

He really doesnā€™t need your help with the fake media reports that have nothing to do with my stated view.

And letā€™s make it clear: Pharmaceutical companies sell junk.

Thatā€™s the business model, and the ultimate successful sales point for pharmaceutical companies.

Better health outcomes have always come from better nutrition and hygiene, and have never come out of pharmaceuticals.

Hereā€™s my YouTube response, to your YouTube response, @Hamletintaiwan

1 Like

Yea everythng is on record you want me to quote you again ?

It really isnā€™t difficult to find stuff like this .

But hey you do you and stay away from those vaccines now ya hear!

And if you do get a bad dose of ANYTHING tell those docs you ainā€™t getting none of those nasty artificial antibiotics. Who knows what that stuff will do to ya !

Interesting

13, temporary facial paralysis out of millions of vaccinated peopleā€¦Which may or may not be caused by the jab.

Over 1.8 million people have been given at least one of two doses of the coronavirus vaccine, according to Health Ministry figures. With over a fifth of the population of 9 million vaccinated, the country has the highest immunization rate in the world, according to data compiled by Oxford University.

That really depends on how you define ā€œfine.ā€

Humans seem to have developed an affinity for zombie-ism in recent years. Corona came at the perfect time.

1 Like

If Japan isnā€™t fine what countries are?

Debt takes resources away from others unfairly. Rich countries can borrow/print money at the expense of poor countries.

Keynesian economics lacks ethics.

1 Like

You mean rich countries are borrowing from poor countries? :rofl:

And since when is Britain not a rich country?

I donā€™t blame them:

Britain is a rich country.

Printing money allows rich people to consume resources they havenā€™t worked for. That means fewer resources are available for poor people who canā€™t print money.

1 Like

You are not making sense at all.

Iā€™m not sure how I can simplify it further.

At any given point in time resources are finite. If one group of people are able to borrow a fiat currency that allows them to consume more of those finite resources, then other people who canā€™t do this consume less.

Does that make sense? Seems obvious to me.

1 Like

Glad to see that you have left twitter and now get your news from a reliable source.

1 Like

Not comparable to other countries, all of the debt is in YEN and more than 90% of it is owned by the central bank and the domestic financial system.

The majority of UK national debt is also owned by Bank of England and the domestic financial systems.

No. It makes absolutely no sense. Consumption in Britain does not affect resources (or the lack thereof) in Cameroon.

Not to mention, consumption has decreased dramatically due to the lockdowns and the economic downturn. So you and @finleyā€™s finite resources talk is pure nonsense. You should be supporting more lockdowns if you are worried about finite resources so much.