Coronavirus Open Thread 2022

Professor Fenton with a short video:

1 Like

Told y’all.

1 Like

They’re tripping over themselves to apologize for the sheet they put the un-vaxed and others through.
Taiwan, you listening?

Alberta Premier Danielle Smith became the first leader of a Canadian province to apologize for the way the unvaccinated were treated during the pandemic.

Beyond the apology, Smith also said she is working to pardon residents who were fined or arrested for breaking strict COVID-19 protocols.

“I’m deeply sorry for anyone who was inappropriately subjected to discrimination as a result of their vaccine status,” she said at the United Conservative Party’s general meeting on Saturday. “I am deeply sorry for any government employee that was fired from their job because of their vaccine status, and I welcome them back if they want to come back.”

Some of the people she was thinking about include pastors who were penalized for breaking lockdown rules.

3 Likes

She’s a far right nut case, not even holding a seat in the Alberta legislature. Her pronouncements are far from representative. It’d be like quoting M. Taylor Greene and pointing to that as policy direction in the US—it’s one person’s view, not the mainstream one.

Guy

I doubt any mainstream politician will ever apologise.

Ker-ching!! :money_mouth_face:

The drugmaker, which developed and sells the vaccine with Germany’s BioNTech (22UAy.DE), said on Thursday evening that it is targeting a range of $110 to $130 a dose for the vaccine once the United States moves to a commercial market next year.

Pfizer will charge as much as $130 for Comirnaty, which costs an estimated $1.18 per dose to produce

1 Like

It’s a mad old world when the “far right nutcases” are the ones behaving like decent human beings by apologizing for State malfeasance and defending the Charter of Rights. Do you have any comment to make about this particular event, or are you just going for a facile ad hominem here?

@Andrew: does anyone really care, though? The only people getting ripped off will be the tiny minority of the population jumping up and down saying “ooh, ooh, me next!” when the 18th booster comes out. Presumably these things will no longer be subsidized, so people can do whatever they like with their own money, IMO.

1 Like

Buyer beware.

If you wish to learn more about her and her views, don’t let me slow you down.

Guy

Yeah. not the mainstream…

NY Judge Strikes Down NYC Vax Mandate, Slams Mayor; Orders Worker Reinstatement With Back-Pay

“So, we just defeated the vaccine mandate for every single city employee—not just sanitation,” said Attorney Chad LaVeglia, who announced the verdict outside the Richmond County courthouse, adding that the mandate was now "null and void. "

https://twitter.com/nycforyourself/status/1584645455459209216?s=20&t=6VxqX_sQUE1vXoTa-9nGew

The ruling comes after more than 2,000 city employees were fired for refusing to take the Covid-19 vaccine. It applies to all public workers, including the NY Fire Department, the police department and the Department of Corrections.

The lawsuit in question was filed on July 20 by 16 city employees who were fired for failing to comply with the mandate. It was struck down by Justice Ralph Porzio, who ruled against the city in finding that the mandate - which did allow exceptions, was an arbitrary and capricious order, and that Democrat Mayor Eric Adams “made a different decision for similarly situated people based on identical facts,” when he issued Executive Order No. 62.

4 Likes

It looks like she disagrees with the amount of power and influence multinationals have over politicians, including Big Pharma. She prefers that politicians represent the interests of the people. She’s a:

for sure.

From yesterday:

Alberta Premier Danielle Smith said she is cancelling a health consulting agreement involving the World Economic Forum — an agency at the centre of global domination conspiracy theories — because she won’t work with a group that talks about controlling governments.

“I find it distasteful when billionaires brag about how much control they have over political leaders,” Smith said at a news conference Monday after her new cabinet was sworn in.

“That is offensive — the people who should be directing government are the people who vote for them.

“Quite frankly, until that organization stops bragging about how much control they have over political leaders, I have no interest in being involved with them.”

4 Likes

if she’s criticizing WEF, she’s quite the sane person after all.

3 Likes

As the law catches up with governments, and courts start holding politicians responsible for illegal “mandates” they enacted on behalf of the pharmaceutical companies, it’s no surprise some want to untangle the ties that bind those two groups.

I’m suspecting she’s no fan of Trudsy :slight_smile:

1 Like

You sound like a pro corporatist that backs Klaus Schwab’s vision of how the world and humans should be.

3 Likes

I must say, I was never convinced it was only those under 40 at risk.

3 Likes

Only a risk to young men??? They should have said it was only a risk to young white men and even less people would have cared.

I assume some of it will be covered by insurance premiums and/or taxes, at least for groups considered at risk, so the people paying those will be ripped off too. But yes, I don’t expect the booster forever fanatics to care much – just the usual crickets and tumbleweed. Surely companies openly profiteering from people’s fear wouldn’t be doing anything else unethical or scientifically dubious? Eight out of eight mice say “no”.

Maybe Pfizer could next roll out a monthly subscription model for the fanatics? Just $9.99 per month for your monthly booster and several weeks of higher antibody levels, and if you miss a payment we’re cutting you off and you’re probably gonna die or catch medium COVID.*

(*Disclaimer: We accept no responsibility for fatal cardiac episodes, which are unrelated to vaccination.)

4 Likes

Got an audible chuckle out of me, that did :slight_smile:

1 Like

ATAGI didn’t know about heightened risk of myocarditis in young men until five months after Pfizer, Moderna approval.

“The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation has revealed it did not know of heart risks until five months after approving vaccines for use.”

Oops.

I give as much of a fuck about the increased death risk from vaccines as I do from the risk of death from Covid.

What I seriously care about is the human rights abuses that have taken place over the last three years or so. It’s been obscene and people have applauded it. I feel very guilty for having gone along with it

5 Likes

I’m not sure if that gets them off the hook. Doesn’t this admission imply (at best) gross misconduct?

Since no noticeable increase was observed in rates of myocarditis during 2020 in the under-40 cohort, this seems rather disingenuous. If they’re really uncertain, perhaps they need to read the published literature on the subject, which puts the rate of vaccination-induced myocarditis several times above baseline.

ATAGI seem to be claiming they don’t know very much at all about anything (mainly because they didn’t bother trying to find out) and therefore shouldn’t be blamed for any wrongheaded decisions they’ve made.

1 Like