Coronavirus Open Thread 2022

That’s my reading of it as well: increasingly, govt reps/ bodies are trying to distance themselves as these studies come out.

2 Likes

It makes me laugh how these people are basically claiming to be incompetent in the hope that they’ll avoid being censured for being incompetent. Either they’re not the sharpest tools in the box, or there will be a round of nudge-nudge-wink-wink and some gentle wrist-slapping (“there, there, we realise you couldn’t possibly have known this would happen”) and they’ll all shuffle off to well-paid semi-retirement in academia, teaching gullible students nonsense for 10 hours a week.

The types of people that sit on these boards often have half a dozen or more similar positions on the go at any one time, with other so-called “independent health authority advisory bodies.” It’s like musical chairs for them. And they’re always jockeying for the next overpaid govt funded useless body, that will maybe exist for a couple of years (or even months). When that’s disbanded/ renamed, they move on to the next.

It’s a lark. Meet on zoom once a month (if that), collect your $200k+ salary a year.

As long as they can whitewash their preceding disastrous decisions, they’ll be fine.

They’re all in it together. The only ones who spoke out against anything that happened in Australia were genuine academics. All the high profile govt paid ones were essentially shilling for big pharma.

Check, please!

Bodies like ATAGI exist to rubber-stamp drugs. They are stocked with just enough bought and paid for eggheaded knobs to give the govt a veneer of legitimacy. Just academic guns for hire. They have no independence at all. They do exactly what they are paid to do.

1 Like

The IFRs had a median of 0.035% (interquartile range (IQR) 0.013 - 0.056%) for the 0-59 years old population, and 0.095% (IQR 0.036 - 0.125%,) for the 0-69 years old. The median IFR was 0.0003% at 0-19 years, 0.003% at 20-29 years, 0.011% at 30-39 years, 0.035% at 40-49 years, 0.129% at 50-59 years, and 0.501% at 60-69 years. Including data from another 9 countries with imputed age distribution of COVID-19 deaths yielded median IFR of 0.025-0.032% for 0-59 years and 0.063-0.082% for 0-69 years. Meta-regression analyses also suggested global IFR of 0.03% and 0.07%, respectively in these age groups. The current analysis suggests a much lower pre-vaccination IFR in non-elderly populations than previously suggested.

So if they overestimated the IFR by about 10 times, why were some hospitals overrun?

If the vaccines were to stop serious illness(they were definitely not to stop transmission. Nobody has ever even implied that), why were they given to so many who are not in danger of serious illness?

Do you know when they say that you have more chance of dying in a crash on the way to the airport than die in a plane crash? i wonder if you have more chance of dying on the way to get your booster than from covid?

2 Likes

When the goal is to maximise profit, you try and get your product in as many arms as possible, as many times as possible, to the largest number of clients possible, using any means and methods necessary - whether that be via on-the-payroll “scientists/ academics,” govts, using “immunobridging” (in TW’s case), find 8 mice - whatever. Stoke some fear. Overexaggerate claims. Make sure you are never legally liable. Make taxpayers fund the whole thing.

Genius, really.

A fair few people implied that vaccines would stop transmission.

2 Likes

Indeed.

1 Like

Also worth pointing out that a lot of people simply didn’t get (symptomatic) COVID at all, so the overall death-by-COVID rate is even lower than those tiny percentages. Of those who did die, less than 3% (IIRC) had no pre-existing conditions.

If you look at all-cause mortality for under-40s, it was virtually a flat line throughout 2020. All-cause mortality drifted upwards throughout the vaccination campaign and continues today, while declared COVID deaths drifted downwards. There is no indication whatsoever that vaccination “saved lives”, although in the narrow sense they might have kept a handful of people with COVID out of hospital early on (back in the days when they sort-of worked).

The NHS at least published a bunch of tedious reports about bed occupancy and suchlike. They were never “overrun” as such. Any problems that they had were caused by sending all the doctors and nurses home and locking the doors.

You certainly had more chance of dying of government attempts to save you than you did from COVID. That much is clear from the statistics.

As per Reagan: The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, “I’m from the Government and I’m here to help.”

2 Likes

Or firing them for not getting vaxxed.

2 Likes

#neverforget

4 Likes

that booster really worked. “follow her lead” and get COVID again.
:roll:

The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has tested positive for COVID-19 — one month after she publicly celebrated getting her booster shot.

Dr. Rochelle Walensky, who tested positive Friday night, is “experiencing mild symptoms,” according to a release posted to social media. “She is isolating at home and will participate in her planned meetings virtually.”

On Sept. 22, Walensky tweeted a picture of herself getting jabbed with an updated version of the COVID-19 shot, along with a message urging others to follow her lead.

Let bygones be bygones… uh, no. It’s not that simple you ijits.

And the author of Atlantic article, Emily Oster? Who the fuq is she?
Oh, she’s a lockdown proponent who now feels remorse that pitchforks will go after her.

3 Likes

Did anyone see this?

1 Like

Posted here:

Guy

I bet there’s some happy kids though. Jackpot!

Pennywise strikes again.

I wonder what would happen if you refused to take a test, built a shanty hut from discarded paper cups, and decided you were going to live there forever.

These people just don’t get it, do they. If there’s to be an amnesty, it’ll be called by the people who were vilified, excluded, imprisoned, impoverished, fined, fired, and slandered. Not those who made it happen.

Clearly, though, they can see the writing on the wall. And there really are groups forming up now to arrange some sort of amnesty. I actually support them, because - think about it - what other solution is there? About 10% of the population participated in some way in this travesty - most of them stopped short of breaking the law, but they pushed it right up to the line. About 1% committed crimes. About 0.01% committed crimes against humanity at large. How exactly are you going to arrest, charge, and sentence 50 million people, or even 500,000? How are you going to sanction those who were complicit? It can’t be done without sending the whole planet down in flames.

The only option, for better or for worse, is forgiveness. But the prerequisite for that is unconditional contrition. And I just don’t see that. If anything, the architects of this meltdown seem to be doubling down. They think it should all just be quietly forgotten - because basically they were right all along and it was everybody else’s fault that it didn’t all work out as they expected.

2 Likes

You didn’t link the subject article. Looked at the article and the author’s background. Found out she advocated opening schools in the summer of 2020 and sustained criticism because of her position. That’s the problem with relying on random tweets for your information.

1 Like

Okay. Here’s the positive spin on her. That’s fine. She gets an apology, because she was first to advocate return to school. However, because she feels that no one in government should be held responsible for their COVID-19 actions, she basically loses all credibility. There is plenty of blame to go around.

How Emily Oster became a lightning rod around Covid-19 and schools - Vox

Perhaps worth pointing out that The Atlantic itself has been one of the top 5 propaganda mouthpieces for the last several years (including pre-pandemic, IIRC), which might explain their interest in publishing this piece. If anyone would like to link to any of Oster’s fair-and-balanced articles regarding COVID hysteria I’d be interested to see them, but I’m pretty sure anybody who held the wrong views at the Atlantic wouldn’t have received much work from them during the pandemic. Naomi Wolf - who had all the proper left-wing creds in 2019 - was summarily cancelled in 2020 for pointing out that things were going real bad real fast.

3 Likes