Coronavirus Open Thread 2022

Interesting piece:

And from Finland:

1 Like

IIRC the UK gov’t stated that roughly 50% of recorded COVID deaths were entirely coincidental, i.e., the patient was in hospital for some condition unrelated to COVID. The ONS figures are confusing, but appear to put the figure at only 20%. Most countries have posted some sort of statement in the dark recesses of their websites with a disclaimer to the effect that “a death appearing in the COVID statistics isn’t necessarily a death due to COVID”. So 40% doesn’t seem unreasonable. And as we all know by now, only a few percent of “COVID deaths” were completely out-of-the-blue, and an unknown number of those people were cases of death-by-doctor (early and inappropriate use of invasive ventilation).

It all really depends on what you call a “COVID death”, doesn’t it?

Nevertheless, the figures stand: whatever you see on Google is the inflated number.

As for the self-assembling microchips - hmmm, yeah. IMO if this were actually a thing, there would have been plenty of experts in nanotechology or microelectronics keen to take a look at his photography and identify exactly what those structures are. Not saying it’s impossible, but if those structures are in there, then it’d be interesting to figure out at least how they work, even if their function isn’t entirely clear. If it’s real, that’s cutting-edge stuff, but I’m more inclined to think Pfizer et al just wouldn’t have bothered. What would be the point? As far as I can tell their aim was to simply rush out some halfassed product and make a shitload of money. Whether it worked or not, or indeed whether it harmed people, simply wasn’t a consideration.

I can’t help wondering if the article is mockery, or an attempt at psychological manipulation (ie., its purpose is to spread the message “this is what all antivaxers believe, and that’s why they’re antivaxers”).

2 Likes

Our news channels here in the USA have largely stopped reporting covid stats

Is this a recent development? The UK gave up on this about a year ago.

1 Like

Since I rarely watch the news I don’t know when it fell out of fashion exactly but just noticed I haven’t come across it the rare times I do watch

For two years that was the entire hour of the news. Reporters everywhere just phoned it in. I guess they finally figured it was milked enough

3 Likes

The Press in Australia gave up any regular reporting about 6 months ago, and the various states only report weekly - and even then, only on the Internet, no grand press conferences.

Every country seems to figure out that it’s actually a non-event eventually. Taiwan’s getting there.

4 Likes

I wonder how these trials will go?
Feel free to ‘easily debunk’ this.

Debunk what lol

Is ‘easily debunk’ your new ‘interesting’?

I’m sure these “clinical trials” will all be done with great integrity and transparency, especially since:

“The Food and Drug Administration has required that the drugmakers conduct several studies assessing the potential long-term impacts of myocarditis, as part of its approval of the mRNA Covid vaccines in the U.S.”

:wink:

3 Likes

For anyone else who got covid, what was your pill haul? Doctor gave me 12 different types(most being a backup in case one doesn’t work). I think that’s crazy. One of them even says “65 year positive rt”. Which I’m assuming is for people over the age of 65…but I’m not even half that age :confused:

What did you get? Mystery pills, or properly labelled?

About 5 of them are for regular use(pain killer, fever reducer, appetite, stomach buffer, cough) but 6 of them don’t have an expected effect mentioned. A few of them seem covid specific.

1 Like

Any anti-viral medicine in the mix? Or are all those pills simply to suppress symptoms only?

I wonder as well if you were diagnosed as a “moderate” cases. I presume if you were “severe” you would not be typing away posting on forumosa right now!

Guy

for the missus and children? Tylenol or acetaminophen and cough syrup for a few days. Not rocket science.

1 Like

Interesting. Any idea what they are?

Any HCQ or Ivermectin in there? :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like