Coronavirus Open Thread 2022

Well if course I know people are jealous :relaxed:
Those pictures right now would cause a scandal in any country… But we have to start living again at some point. And its rather surprising not everyone on that flight tested positive. Guess many have recovered already…

Btw I would not want to have 4 hours of fun for a flu. That’s simply not worth it for me. But I want that everyone can make their choice themselves. They chose party at all costs and likely safer than drinking some punched alcohol and unsafe food giving you diahrrea in Cancun… If there’s no panic diahrrea will still bring more into hospital than this flight…

2 Likes

Based on the reports linked above, some members of this party were circulating text messages instructing others to put vaseline in their noses to avoid testing positive through PCR tests. It’s all fun-and-games until you get busted for fraud.

Guy

1 Like

This thought occurred to me too. Any country that declared itself a bullshit-free zone and welcomed highly-qualified anti-vaxers would probably become highly successful. At least until the WEF arranged for their disconnection from the world financial and logistics systems, I suppose.

From a former airline employee who has dealt with a plane of jumping drunks…no, it aint innocent fun. And that was waaayyyyy before.

2 Likes

That of course is a valid argument.

Franklin: Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Its enough panic and slowly this is majority opinion. it was okay to give up some freedom for safety, in a way Sweden or Norway did, but with omicron that isn’t true anymore.

The only thing I hold them up for is air security. But that is not why this story went viral, it’s because they took back their freedom. Its just presented in a way to put them as anti social, while it’s those who take the freedom of living normally who are anti social. The measures have gone overboard. And cost many lives

1 Like

They were on a charter plane…

Isn’t that kinda the point, being able to do almost whatever you want

They are still governed (or in this case, not being governed) by Transport Canada regulations.

Guy

Hong Kong battened the hatches. Banned flights even from US.

“Hong Kong bans flights from 8 countries, tightens COVID curbs | Coronavirus pandemic News | Al Jazeera” Hong Kong bans flights from 8 countries, tightens COVID curbs | Coronavirus pandemic News | Al Jazeera

Chile getting 4th shot, like Israel. Unlike Israel, they were using Made in China shots primarily.

So what is it like being a nurse during this latest surge? More content from Canada as nurses in different parts of the country speak about their experiences and what they’d like to see.

Guy

“I work on the cardiac care ward”.

Physician, heal thyself!

Yes, that I agree with. I liked Macron saying he wanted to “piss off” the unvaccinated.

4 Likes

I think macron is a cunt. And this only confirms it.

Amazing that people agree with him.

5 Likes

Maybe Novak Djokovic should go to Paris after Australia (hopefully) boots him out and he can then see how Macron welcomes him.

4 Likes

I hate the fact Australia allowed an exemption that clown. What message does that send?

Sorry mate, your son can’t return from the US to visit and hasn’t see you in two years, but we’ll let an arrogant, multi-millionaire in because he can swing a tennis racket.

Luckily Australia seem to have backtracked.

2 Likes

Maybe that’s good. Enough people will get pissed and fight back until the nonsense stops.

2 Likes

Not quite correct.

• The Vaccination Exemption was issued by the Victorian State Govt in cahoots with Tennis Australia - both of whom stand to make money from the Tennis gig.
  • Visas are issued by the Federal Government - but the Visa that Novak had is apparently not one that allows for any kind of Vaccination Exemption.

And in their hurry to make money, those issuing the Exemption did not bother to check with the Feds who control the Border Force people (Immigration and Customs). Border Force found that all was not in order when he arrived, and the rest is history.

I would bet that Novak himself probably didnt arrange the Visa and Exemption paperwork either, that would all have been done by his minders, who probably just said “Sign here” to their boy (who they probably get a healthy slice of his prizemoney and endorsements from).

Meanwhile the Serbian PM is making threats that Australia ‘will pay’.

1 Like

Come on! I think we all know that his visa issue would have been sorted out if there wasn’t a public outcry.

Double standards annoy me. Politicians acting like they don’t have them annoys me even more.

I hope Serbia invades Australia.

2 Likes

1 Like

Whoever would have thought WW3 might start like this? But what sublime historical irony.

:popcorn:

2 Likes