Coronavirus Open Thread (October-December 2020)

Coincidentally, my pal who went to MIT published today that the coronavirus of COVID19 does not exist because, wait for it, no one has seen pictures of it. We have only seen drawings, so that means it does not exist.

1 Like

Myanmar Institute of Theology?

I guess that it depends on the definition of “seen”. Do electron microscopy images count? (I would say they do.)

Top of her class since kindergarten… It is difficult to address these issues with someone but it can be done.

Inc.: After Testing Positive (and Negative) for Covid, Elon Musk Contacted a Harvard Doctor. His Response Is a Master Class in Emotional Intelligence.

3 Likes

What does being “top of class” in kindergarten, first grade, etc. even mean? Is it the kid who puts his finger up his nose the least?

3 Likes

Think Taiwanese style competitiveness with British education. Maybe that was the problem.

Not everyone had the luxury to keep eating paste all elementary school and graduating to crayons in college.

1 Like

Dr and Chairman of Biotech company that makes tests calls it all a hoax:

Dr Mike Yeadon , former CSO and VP, Allergy and Respiratory Research Head with Pfizer Global R&D and co-Founder of Ziarco Pharma Ltd, discusses his thoughts as to why the lockdown was a mistake, and why the government strategies to manage the pandemic are only making things worse.

1 Like

Pretty much true.

Bill Gates speaks with the awesome Trevor Noah on the light(s) at the end of the tunnel(s):

Guy

pfft. Research scientists. What do they know about it. We should all just trust our leaders to Do The Right Thing.

1 Like

The vaccine seems to be about relieving symptoms, a bit like cough mixture maybe?
This was from September:

And October:

And what about the mortality rates with the flu vaccine?

Nice to see the media finally questioning things:
Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 13.27.21

Sorry, but I gotta take @RBE’s side here. No one is seriously testing aptitude in kindergarten. This is the “everyone gets a trophy” stage of development. I don’t think a “top of the class” even exists until kids start really taking tests and exams and having to meet work deadlines in 5th or 6th grade. If someone in regular day conversation seriously claimed to have been top of their class in kindergarten I’d wonder if there was something mentally wrong with them.

1 Like

You sure spend a lot of energy and time trying to prove a deadly plague that’s killed 1.5 million people doesn’t really exist. What, Holocaust denial is out of vogue?

2 Likes

Nice try with the holocaust denial shout. Says a lot for you types.
Stick to your medical-political complex news.

1 Like

Interesting quote from the court but does not accurately reflect the study findings. Someone with active infection could be negative by culture. Culture positivity may be a better indicator of infectiousness, but that is not what the quioe says…

1 Like

Vaccine is a complement to every other ‘tool’:

Dear Cake
You posted exactly the same faulty claim in another thread and I replied to you the quotation above, but you never bothered to respond. However you just keep copying your faulty claims.
What is really up with you?
May I ask this question in a direct manner?
If it hurts your feelings or violates any of the rules, I apologize!

4 Likes

Sadly, this has happened to me as well

2 Likes

The rat race starts early. Ask any Taiwanese.

If you show aptitude in pre kinder, they move you up to “early education”, learning other languages, Math, etc. Play becomes a thing of the past.

Not everywhere they got the trophy mania.

More what is called “, genius burnout”. Peak early.