Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Actually, ignore that. I assumed it was one of the Thai restaurants on the northern side of Tingzhou Lu (I think there are two or three), but after looking more closely it appears to be one on the southern side, which I passed but didn’t check.

Tingzhou Road runs north south, so in terms of shop location there would be a western side and an eastern side of the street, right?

Guy

You say potato, I say east-west. Let’s compromise and call it northwest to southeast? :grin:

I mean the northernmost side, or northeasternmost side if you prefer.

1 Like

Got it! Thanks.

Guy

Yep, they tested all staff in that clinic and disinfected it. Doc was not happy…

You’d think they would learn after the manager case. Think again:

One of the two cases was a Taiwanese man in his 40s who was working on a renovation project as a subcontractor at the Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport hotel, which has emerged as the source of a COVID-19 cluster over the past week.

The man developed a cough on April 28 and visited a medical clinic on April 30. He was arranged to be tested for COVID-19 the next day, according to Health and Welfare Minister Chen Shih-chung (陳時中), who heads the CECC.

3 Likes

This community cluster could hopefully be stamped. Gotta crack down on mask wearing—all indoor places for a while. Some I saw did get lax,people going in 7 11 maskless, no mask no entry needs enforcing. Get social distancing back at cinema—last time I went there was none.

That sorta thing.

It’s a difficult balancing act between public health, keeping airlines in business, and keeping air crew sane. Most countries that implement mandatory quarantine have different rules for flight crew (Hong Kong is an exception).

With about 80% of worldwide flights being grounded, there is a huge number of pilots desperately looking for a job. In some countries they are even retraining to becoming tram drivers. So if any pilots do not like harsh public health measures, there will be literally thousands more than keen to take their place. It is therefore just grossly negligent to run these risks. This is not something which went wrong in an unforeseeable way, but was pretty much bound to happen and could have easily been prevented

3 Likes

Apple Daily positive and measured as usual:

2 Likes

If it scares people into taking the vaccine. I’ll turn a blind eye to Apple’s shenanigans.

Just this once.

4 Likes

I was about to say the same thing. It’ll probably convince some of these idiot doctors and nurses who know they might be handling COVID cases in the near future at least.

1 Like

When I read this I figured the clinics have just had so many old hypochondriacs coming in who believe they have got Covid, that the medical staff there have become deafened to people who actually have genuine symptoms.

4 Likes

But if every inbound flight causes the pilot to be stuck there for 14 days, you’re going to quickly run out of pilots.

Even taking a minuscule 10 flights a day, that’s 280 pilots (and copilot) in quarantine at one time.

1 Like

There’s another case today of a pilot who had completed quarantine with a negative test, went out partying, only to develop symptoms then positive. The system isn’t working.

5 Likes

I live near there …

Is it about time to deny pilots access to bars?

1 Like

Check out this knob head …

8 Likes

Expect more of these counterfeit test cards and then falsified proof of vaccine. Proof of testing and vaccination needs to be made almost counterfeit proof the same way we do it with currency.

3 Likes

I should have been a pilot…these guys live the life.

1 Like

A maximum fine of NT$150,000. Probably barely more than his return airfare.

2 Likes