Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

I also tell them that they’re not in any danger, that even if they get Covid they’ll be fine. I tell them we take these precautions to protect the more vulnerable in society, not them. Unfortunately, a teacher at TAS told my son’s class that covid transmission happens largely from kids and that if one of my son’s classmates didn’t take proper precautions, it would probably result in people dying. Have I mentioned that I’m really beginning to hate TAS?

2 Likes

Aunt Flo is a bitch. I mean….not her…just…never mind. Sorry.

1 Like

I followed her and then saw this:

https://twitter.com/AngelicaOung/status/1393577995978240009

Why care about quarantine rules if you can get laid!

1 Like

I prefer to think of this not as the party is over, but people got a bit too drunk and broke a vase.

We can do this.

3 Likes

My wife needs to go back to the US. The youngest kid is going with her, I’m contemplating sending the oldest too just to leave myself to endure lockdowns all by my lonesome. If school stops I don’t know what else I’d do.

1 Like

TES is already remote. TAS will almost certainly follow. I don’t know about public schools.

29 posts were split to a new topic: Level of danger for children from Covid

This is a Montessori which is still in session as far as I know. Wouldn’t be surprised if it that changes in a week, and don’t know how they’d do that remote. So it’ll be up to me to provide entertainment all day plus work.

Is it sad part of me would kind of look forward to it just being me…and the dog?

Well fuck me. Maybe they’re safer off in the US where at least most adults will be vaccinated.

The news about only 39 traditional markets staying open is fake.

1 Like

That’s insane. This was all over the TV news. :open_mouth:

That gives me hope. Maybe I’ll wake up tomorrow and all the news of the last week will have turned out to be fake. Or even better, the last year and a half.

3 Likes

Glad you’re seeing the silver lining. It’s not exactly reassuring to me that so many media outlets fell for the fake news. I hope they can find the source.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Level of danger for children from Covid

No reason to take risks. Go to Carrefour and wait in line to stock up before locking yourself inside until you take the MRT to work in the morning.

4 Likes

Some good news for a change, at least for people in Kaohsiung. They contact traced 247 contacts of Case 1289 (Kaohsiung case) and all are negative so far.

https://www.kcg.gov.tw/CityNews_Detail1.aspx?n=3A379BB94CA5F12D&ss=7050D6B9D3C731DF

14 Likes

Go Kaohsiung!

Go contact tracers throughout Taiwan!

Those are the folks that are going to save our &sses, at least for now.

Guy

11 Likes

I thought the same at the time and I posted such on here. I was wrong, but it felt logical.

3 Likes

See “促” next to 49? It was on sale.

1 Like

I’m curious how many staff they have devoted to this, and what the limit is before the capacity is reached (if that hasn’t happened already).

I remember with the previous pilot in December that the details emerged over several days and kept being updated (partially because he apparently wasn’t being truthful, but that could apply to others too). The scale of the work involved must increase pretty quickly though when they have more than several people to consider, let alone a couple of hundred.

3 Likes