Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

And weird how now the majority of the people here seem to anticipate the end of the world…

Lots of new names doing so, for sure

2 Likes

Maybe infiltration from the CCP propaganda department which now even speaks English…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Taipei and New Taipei all grades below high school are study from home.

5 Likes

I’ve heard from several teachers that they still have to go to work, even if their students stay home. I don’t really understand the logic behind this, though. If the students are at home, then isn’t it better for the school to save money by shuttering their doors??

Not all the students will be able to stay at home if both parents work. They will remain in school and will need to be cared for.

1 Like

I’m torn about this. While I sympathize with families that require both parents working, I can’t help but feel this will just exacerbate the situation.

1 Like

For all those predicting the imminent end of the world:

Virtually all the other star performers of the pandemic had hiccups with a temporary high number of cases. And they all managed to bring things back under control again. So there is currently no reason why this should not also apply to Taiwan

5 Likes

That’s the next step - lockdown with government dishing out money to cover lost income for people who cannot work from home.

3 Likes

Governments worldwide spent a lot of money dishing out cash to people who couldn’t work last year and Taiwan got to skip all that. All those countries that did that are heavily indebted now or are about to be hit by the inflation train. I wonder if Taiwan has the funds needed to afford to do the same now.

Also whether the business lobby will get the government to let workers come into the office because the laoban can’t trust them to work from home. Japan had that issue, the government didn’t want to step on the bosses toes so they did a very half assed lockdown to their detriment

2 Likes

Not really, there’s just not enough vaccines. It’s not like they didn’t order them. Many countries are struggling to get vaccines, even countries where the vaccines are made.

3 Likes

They passed it around in one if my Facebook groups, the person received it from another group… Meaning I wouldn’t know how to linkie.

Mods: maybe separate and pin somewhere?

1 Like

Yup. Assuming there is just one single source, it takes slightly more than a month to get to 512. From there it only takes 8 days to get to 2048. Then just another 8 days to get to 8,192. Then another 8 days will get us 32,768. You get the idea.

2 Likes

I would probably be less inclined to believe the Chinese numbers.

2 Likes

These maps already posted?

looks something wrong.

I noticed traffic in taipei has cut down drastically.

I work in a buxiban at least an hour away from my house, and my employer wants me to go there everyday to teach online “because everyone does so”. I would have to take bus and mrt. Can I somewhat refuse? I’m of course willing to teach online and all my students are 20yo or older.

2 Likes

I see Wanhua is making international news!
:eggplant: :sweat_drops:

1 Like

I was concerned about kindy and buxiban teachers. The little critters are filthy and asymptomatic. At least my uni students wear masks and wash their hands.
Phoned my buxiban and thank The Old Gods and the New, they’re closed for two weeks. :praying: :pray: :praying:

6 Likes

Just shows you how behind Taiwan is. Nonetheless, all it takes is one person to abuse wfh, not complete a single task and ruin it for everyone.

1 Like