Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Yup, a guy already got fined for it today for keeping his place open. He said he was told he only needed to disinfect the place, but that was not the information in the public announcement announced earlier.

she was spotted shopping by residents of her community, who immediately reported her to the bureau

QONVIyz

1 Like

I thought the “temple tour” sums up the family even more than the shopping trip. What sort of self-obsessed buggers go on a temple tour during a pandemic?

I did say making a appointment not going direct.

From a friend:
trying to get a negative covid test - so far everwhere is full/not providing it.
From my GF:
I have called phone to the hospital ant they don’t have appointments for test now because too many . so you can direct ging to hospital for test.

However friend has now got appointment at Banqiao 8450nt

So far looking at my daughter’s setup seems they do not do any online teaching at all, blaming “low bandwidth” (in Taiwan!?). Instead links to some youtube videos, and instructions on what homework to do.

Certainly a lot easier job for teachers here than teachers in UK had during lockdown, constant zoom and google classroom.

Nein! Doch! Ooooh!

2 Likes

The “who does x during a pandemic?” applies to almost everyone in Taiwan. I think most people here have been enjoying the bubble. Up until a week ago, nobody knew that the virus was in and spreading.

Unless you’ve been isolating since March 2020 in anticipation of this eventuality, you’re guilty of pandemic indulgences most people around the world haven’t had. We all are.

Now that the situation has changed behavior has to change of course. No more temple tours and touchy touchy tea time.

3 Likes

They’re just getting started. Give the teachers a chance to figure out how the heck to do this. Everyone’s learning right now.

1 Like

My son (in third grade) and daughter (HS junior) both had classes online. Son had a connection issue in the middle. Hopefully now all resolved. The teacher called and did a test run earlier.

1 Like

Does it? Lots of posters here, including myself, have been deliberately avoiding crowded situations for a year now. Staying at home in isolation, no, but definitely staying clear of what used to be normal social situations. Same for a lot of my students, who have often been incredulous about the number of people still attending big events.

4 Likes

Good, hopefully just early days figuring out better ways of doing it.

1 Like

That sounds like enabling talk to me. Reasonable people have been balancing out their actions versus risk, unreasonable people haven’t. Placing both groups in the same boat doesn’t make sense to me.

2 Likes

I’m planning to spend the extra time at home to do more home workouts since the gym is closed and going through my backlog of YouTube videos that I always save to my watch later playlist and never look at again…

So how is everyone else going to spend the extra time at home??

2 Likes

I couldn’t get an appointment for the next 14 days. Trying some more hospitals.

I already work from home, but now I have my wife and kids here too. While I may technically have a little more time at home, I certainly will have much less free time now.

1 Like

Have you been to a restaurant where there were other people? A coffee shop? Bar? Supermarket? Government office? Museum? Used the MRT, TRA or HSR? Taken a bus? Used an elevator? Gone to a clinic or hospital? Live with someone? Been inside someone’s house? Found yourself in any place with 1 or more people where you’ve removed your mask?

If so, congratulations. You could have been exposed to the virus or spread it without knowing.

Most of the spread of this thing is from close contact between people in households and small groups.

2 Likes

I had to go to Carrefour today, because I’d run out of chili and Worcestershire sauce. I thought “This is it. I’m not going out again for the next two weeks.” I put on double masks and soldiered forth.
It was like a fucking zombie apocalypse. Virtually empty, and much to my chagrin, the wife charged around impulse buying useless shit.
I got home and had forgotten about the Worcestershire sauce.
This is the level of ennui that I’ve been reduced to.

18 Likes

Of course it doesn’t work. APRCs have no expiration date, therefore we can’t enter into that field. Why would this surprise anyone that it doesn’t work.

1 Like

The six temples in two days is what gets me. Who…why…how.?! At 600 NTD a pop, that was a lot of money spent…to get sick.

I just keep thinking about the frigging Mazu pilgrimages just went by…

I am trying to be charitable. Maybe really the mother had to go out shopping for food. Maybe they do not have access to delivery in the boondocks where they live. Maybe no relatives or friends, or the people they know are too scared to help. Maybe they feel ashamed or guilty to ask for help. Maybe there was no one to help, authorities are overwhelmed.

On a sad note, at the presser they said in this batch of positive cases there are 4 kindergarten kids, 7 elementary school students.

1 Like

It won’t take the numbers…

As to the expiration date, I’ve taken to writing a fake one. I add 10 years to the emission date, Bob’s your uncle.

1 Like