Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Should works fine like that, what number it doesn’t take?

Seemed to work for me and I left the expiration field blank and it let me move on.

I can’t log in because it says that it’s being processed. I’ll report back in a couple days.

1 Like

Jeesh, dude, I’m trying to judge someone here. I like being judgemental. What’s the issue?

Close contact between people in temples appears to have been a problem, but then I’ve never been on a two day five county temple tour before.

3 Likes

(Good question - I’ve actually flagged it with the suggestion it be moved to start a new thread.)

I’m not sure if I will have extra time. This distance learning stuff is going to take a lot of time to figure out. Plus, my wife will be spending more time at home, and I do most of the cooking.

In terms of fitness, I got an Apple Watch last year and eventually signed up for Apple Fitness+ (tons of fitness videos). The free subscription expired last week - but I renewed it for a month, because, well, there’s no swimming now, and I have a suspicion soon there won’t be as much cycling or walking either. Time to imitate my mom in the 80s and exercise in front of the TV.

1 Like

Try New Year’s Eve 2099

2 Likes

The Monday morning quarterbacking is so strong here. Why does it matter that they went to 6 temples in 2 days? If somebody eats at 3 different restaurants in a day would that be too much? What about 2 bookstores? The zoo and then a movie? What if somebody went on 3 Tinder dates in a week?

Where is the line? Nobody knew COVID was in Taiwan and spreading.

No charity for quarantine breakers.

What’s sad about this? Kids are the least likely to get sick and die. It’s the old people and people with health issues who we should be most worried about.

MUST ATTACK!!! MUST JUDGE!!!

4 Likes
1 Like

with a kid who needs to be supervised closely, I have less time than usual. Yesterday was the only day I enjoyed the extra time at home.

2 Likes

Carrefour doesn’t have Worcestershire sauce, at least my one doesn’t. There is some vinegar in some places like Wellcome they for some reason label Worcestershire sauce but it’s not. There is one place near my local night market that sells it, guess the stall that does “steak” and does have a bottle on their table buy from there. been meaning to pick up a bottle.

I don’t get the temple thing. They’re gaudy and vulgar. Totally tacky Asian kitsch. Lots of gold paint, and a charlatan sitting around waiting to tell your fortune for a fortune. Never seen the attraction.

1 Like

The expiry date of your APRC card is the date that the attached passport expires, as when the information listed on the card becomes invalid, so does the card. If you are asked to write an expiry, write your passport expiry date.

5 Likes

After 921, international rescue folk were shocked to see locals putting a priority on visiting fortune tellers

1 Like

My Erchong one usually does. Guess I’ll have to brave the vacant isles at Jason’s tomorrow.
Need to make cottage pie.

1 Like

Thought about that, but it will be too close.

In my mind, if a kid gets sick, it is mostly because of the parents. Case in point.

Kids may not die…most of the time. But a simple cold it ain’t, they can give the bug to others not so resilient and we do not know what will happen in the future.

And yes, we were quite happy, we all thought the worse was over. That is why most people did not rush to take the vaccine.

I personally started going out more. Markets, shopping. I got the vaccine when no one wanted it.

For those saying it’s TPR that matters more than raw count this is good news.

6 Likes

You have to go back now, Jason’s maybe better one than Carrefour? - No Worcestershire sauce! kitchen cupboard is empty.

started a Taipei Pass topic over here:

2 Likes

My ARC has an expiration date…perhaps it’s because it is a Gold Card? Anyway, the wife and I were both able to sign up with ARCs.

1 Like