Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Actually, no, you can’t, or at least not at present. I went to an office to pick up tax forms last week and the office was mostly in darkness - just a couple of people were there.

1 Like

I wonder if they’ll fast track the rebates then…technically they owe a lot of us a lot of money (not me I’m on 5% year round).

1 Like

The way things are going, ain’t gonna be a huge issue.

BTW Taipei City announced reduction in rent will get landlords reduction in taxes. I do not think they see the problem there…

8 Likes

Maybe if you have specific questions we can try to answer…

ha! My landlady came up last week to specifically remind me not to claim any rent deduction, for obvious reasons.

6 Likes

Ah the charms of Taiwan’s landlord class.

Some things never change, even in a pandemic.

Guy

3 Likes

Problem is, a lot of landlords don’t pay tax.

1 Like

Course they do. They know landlords don’t pay tax because most of the ruling classes are landlords. They know full well that nobody will file for rent deductions, so they can pretend that they’re helping out the plebs while making no actual rebates.

7 Likes

Fecking BBC. I’m sensing a pattern with BBC when it comes to Taiwan.

2 Likes

It is worse in Spanish, believe me.

1 Like

I’ve read worse from them.

And no mention of the fact that China caused the whole bloody problem in the first place, of course.

9 Likes

Are you gonna complain about this every day? :yawning_face:

Participation is voluntary - I don’t think that anybody’s forcing you to read every comment, are they? And if you only want to see news articles, you can easily go to Taiwan News or Focus Taiwan or whatever, where pretty much every other story is about coronavirus.

Or any of the multiple more specific threads, some of which I listed for you yesterday.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Because there is no level 4. And any real level four would harm the economy too much.

1 Like

If they aren’t exponentially testing more people each succeeding day, the numbers are BS IMO.

Well, they need to come up with something. Because the current situation is highly unstable and can blow up at any moment (if it has not already anyway without being noticed due to testing deficiencies). That is why measures need to be taken to get the numbers down. And so far this is not happening. So additional measures are necessary.

The Taiwan government would never offer the stimulus needed for such a thing. They only offer 40% up to 20K now. It’s ridiculous.

1 Like

A 2 week Level 4 would damage the economy much less than a 2 month Level 3.

3 Likes

A 2 week level four wouldn’t work.

Maybe 2 months would, but probably not IMO.