Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Case 908* whereabouts, including Jiufen, FoGuan Mountain, and some traditional eateries.

CECC still doing contact tracing.

Edited*

case 908, you got numbers mixed up

Need coffee. And antihistamine.

1 Like

Two 老街 in two days, what kind of deranged person is this ?

6 Likes

Good cafe for espresso? - Cuisine / Greater Taipei Restaurants - Forumosa

2 Likes
2 Likes

Retired?

Tour guide?

Taking visitors from overseas around? :eek:

Edit
COVID-19 symptoms: need to travel the world

Two in one year is a mistake

1 Like

Oh I love Ruifang/Jiufen/the gold mines. Tainan’s old street are filled with great eats. The others, meh.

Problems the crowds. The CECC had to fine some deranged organizers of a sweets fair in Tainan. Crowds were insane, people had to take their masks off to eat… Nuts!

They’re not alone, the EU too!

2 Likes

In two days?

EU is so dysfunctional. I thought BREXIT was a big mistake when it first happened, and now I’m not so sure.

3 Likes

According to Chen, the CECC found during its probe that the man became infected on Jan. 23, when he accompanied his mother to a hospital in Taoyuan.

While waiting for the doctor, the man and his mother were seated in an adjacent row to a man in his 60s who had previously stayed at Taoyuan General Hospital – where a cluster infection has broken out – and who was confirmed on Jan. 24 as having COVID-19.

They were in the same waiting area for under 15 minutes and they were all wearing masks, Chen said, citing surveillance footage.

Interesting to note that in past cases, the CDC has relied heavily on mask wearing in deciding not to quarantine people with possible exposures.

Example:

Chuang said the woman had traveled home on a Taiwan High Speed Rail (HSR) train but there was no one sitting beside her. Since all passengers and staff on the train were wearing masks during their ride, no contacts have been listed for the case.

Given that these new strains seem to spread a lot more easily, seems like it might be time to reconsider this approach.

2 Likes

That is why I wear at least an N95. Hold on tight for the ride!

1 Like

That’s also why I wear at least a thick plastic bag sealed at the neck. No way am I risking the 5% of stuff that N95 lets through.

5 Likes

Time to upgrade to something a little more comfortable and less disturbing to your fellow MRT passengers.

1 Like

And Daxi old street.

There are masks of all different types. Mask plus social distancing plus hand washing/not touching your face are basic barriers…but they have holes.

I liked how in the presser the minister said they also checked the footage and still have questions…

My poor baby bro who is a doctor fitted a kind of plastic scarf/face cover under his facial plastic cover and over his plastic mask when they were short on N95s in the old country. The contraption worked until he got the N95s and N99s I sent from Taiwan.

His wife -who also works in a hospital, but in administration, got the Covid, he did not.

1 Like