Good cafe for espresso?

Any good cafes, just good espresso at reasonable price in Taipei?

Like this NT$50 one in the South
https://youtu.be/mj5GqWWJ9DY

If you’re up in Tienmu on Zhongshan North Road, I very much like Lutetia (露特西亞). Strong coffee, reasonably priced, unbeatable hours (open very early to late), indoor and outdoor seating, great in-house baking, and a relaxed vibe.

Guy

1 Like

Looks nice https://www.lutetiataipei.com/menu (looks like a place to go for a meal vs. the cafe above which is coffee). Food also looks good.

But bit out of the way, as I go there for work for the day and its away from the train station and office.

Tienmu itself is way out of the way! Since the MRT was rerouted away from the neighborhood, its fate has been sealed.

But if anyone does visit Lutetia, be aware it has two spaces next to each other: a compact cafe on the corner (the older space, which I quite like) and a newer sit-down and eat space next to it (nicer but also perhaps also more generic).

Guy

1 Like

By this you mean “Taipei Main Station”?

Guy

Yes (High Speed Rail), or maybe Banchau. Office is Fusiung N Road

Where on Fuxing? With more details, we can provide more specific suggestions to you.

Guy

North Fuxing Road (I visit more than one office in the area) so area north of Sogo to near the airport… Within that area and High Speed rail Stations (use mostly Taipei but sometimes Nangang and Banchau to get to Kaoshiung)/ When I have breaks between meetings, visits was looking for “espresso breaks”

A surprisingly good place in that zone is the Thermos Cafe (膳魔師 環保咖啡館) on Fuxing South Road, just south of the Bade Road intersection. It’s open only Mondays to Fridays, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. If you’re needing a quick espresso spot during office hours, that would be my choice.

(This would not really work with espresso, but they offer a 50% discount on their drinks if you bring in a thermos—a nice touch.)

Guy

2 Likes

Thanks for all the tips!

1 Like

No worries! Hope you enjoy your time in Taipei.

Guy

I sometimes just walk into a Cama for an espresso. They’re everywhere these days.

Does Cama have sit down seats? The one here in Kaoshuing is take away.

As opposed to stand up seats? I know what you mean though. Cama has been opening up a lot of new places with full seating to compete with Louisa lately.

3 Likes

I will look for one with sit down

Did try and was good! Thanks (but still prefer the local Kaoshuing here in video)

1 Like

This is a list of best coffee shops in Taiwan by the Big 7 Travel magazine

1 Like

I also went to e-mei or i-mei, NT$35 espresso, great deal. Not a cafe but some shops do have counter with seats.

At I-Mei, I always get distracted by the soft serve ice cream (NT$25 for “milk” flavour).

I’ve never tried the coffee…

Guy

Both are good. Not sure if in Taipei they have bigger newer stores. I went to one in PingTung that had full sit down booths with wifi and power as well full coffee bar. Almost all shops though now have ice cream and coffee which is much better than Maccas (Micky D’s).

1 Like