Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Contact tracing would be an interesting exercise.

2 Likes

Would have been funny if he infected them.

2 Likes

They were probably wearing masks.

4 Likes

Not so sure about that. It’s Nantou.

2 Likes

You made my day.

Back on topic: so where’s this “vaccines coming the next days” fake news thingy coming from?

2 Likes

Probably Kman.

Same place the alleged name of the supposedly second hospital was released, as well as fake whereabouts of cases, not to mention fake cures like green tea with lemon, etc ad nauseum…

Lemme try to find the link to the interview with our super hacker minister explaining the fight against disinformation…

1 Like

So you would like me to explain?
I will try to be polite, as this post was flagged and I would like to explain it to you, as you were being sarcastic about me posting “it is time to get out my N95”, well actually it is an N99 but whatever. Yes, everyone realizes what an N95 or N99 does. I was trying to explain to you that the way you are looking at the effectiveness of an N95 is not from someone with a scientific background. You are getting very irate over this assumption. I just pointed out you are only looking at the one variable in other words what a single N95 can on average achieve. Rather than calling me an idiot perhaps I can educate you instead? :innocent:

Zero local cases today. Three imports.

I think the Taoyuan cluster is just about over right now.

Technically Feb. 4 is the date they targeted as the key date. Discussion now is about how to get Butao up and running again.

11 Likes

It is the first time the banks will ask customers to leave their name, phone number, and date the exchange was made when they exchange old Taiwan dollar bills for new ones
…
There is concern that the big crowds that appear at banks to get new notes could lead to the spread of the disease, and having people record their information could help with contact tracing should an infection occur.

Also all that filthy money is probably loaded with virus.

They ought to just say , this year this somewhat useless tradition is being forgone for safety reasons.

2 Likes

Pretty much. Gift vouchers. Cash cards. Yo-yo cards.

Who needs cash in 2021?

Yea; I mean no - cash is cool. Why are people getting new bills especially for the lunar new year ?

It’s propitious I think. If that’s a word. Red envelopes should contain new cash and in 100 dollar bills for smaller amounts.

In case you don’t know you’re supposed to give red envelopes of cash to all your younger relatives.

1 Like

One of those traditions. New bills, new year, all clean and nice. There’s a bit of sense to it - old dingy bills can look rather disgusting.

1 Like

This is good. Hopefully we can breathe a sigh of relief soon.

Until the next, inevitable outbreak.

I’ll take getting lucky this time and hopefully the CECC will rethink some of its policies. I especially hope they will reconsider having medical staff treating Covid patients mixing with the general hospital population and going home every night.

These new strains aren’t to be trifled with.