Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Feb-Mar 2022

「這縣市」連假首日湧12萬遊客 知名景點全塞爆!

We might really have s problem up North when these crowds of winter birds come back from the LNY break.

120 thousand visitors converging on a handful of attractions… I’d call that problematic in the middle of a pandemic.

Comments on the news piece do not support the “freedom to party” kind of behavior of these crowds.

1 Like

The Philippines is forcibly vaccinating people, excluding the unvaccinated from virtually everything, including supermarkets, and is excluding unvaccinated travellers. The country is not exactly renowned for being logical.

3 Likes

Indeed, I do not agree with forced vaccinations or even vaccination passports to be honest. But they are opening borders to vaccinated travelers because they know it is unrealistic to stay closed forever.

1 Like

Ten dollars gets you twenty that those comments are written by total hypocrites who go to crowded CNY banquets or temple visits, but then get online to lecture others.

2 Likes

looks like a hostage video. I think he needs a break, guys been working too hard. I’d just say fuck it and walk off.

1 Like

This is problem I have in deciding when I can return? When or :-1:, my feelings are if Taiwan doesn’t engage open border shall be 2 years of yes or no!

Agreed.

It’s not problematic. It no longer matters. We need to live our lives.

Says the guy with a 12.30 train to KHH. :sunglasses:

1 Like

It all sounds good but he doesn’t seem to have a problem with foreign workers being locked up or heavily restricted for the greater good of those who want to enjoy freedom themselves.

6 Likes

Because they view the foreigners as ‘plague rats’ but the millions of locals converging for CNY is A OK
Edit: they is factory owners and government.

2 Likes

I dunno folks. Look how happy “they” are with this guy. (Hint: they are not.)

Guy

3 Likes

These guys must know the deal by now as so many dummies have been fined already. Unless this guy is rich enough that 300k means nothing

2 Likes

Who’s ‘they’?

Quarantine jumpers

The quarantine jumpers view foreigners as plague rats?

What do I care what they think?

1 Like

You’re conflating two posts to two different people. The first was referring to the Taiwanese factory owners locking up the foreign workers in dorms and it gets a wink from the mol meanwhile CNY goes on and there is bound to be spread. Implies that foreigners are the super spreaders

The second was a reply to Guy that said that I have no idea why dummies would think they can jump quarantine unless they had a lot of $ and didn’t care about the fine

4 Likes

In replied to your post about plague rats. I didnt conflate anything.

On mobile i didn’t see the quote. Thought you were referring to the last post.

You can see the icon of your name on the top right corner. A direct reply to a preceding post would not have that icon. Clicking on it brings you to the reference.

I’ve used it before but didn’t today. Apologies where due

1 Like

No worries.

Anyways, what do you mean by they?