Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Feb-Mar 2022

Yeah, I was just watching the press conference for the first time in a while. I noticed a lot of Taiwanese guessing higher numbers in the YouTube comments as well.

So they only detected 18 of them so far.

2 Likes

Assume that did happen or has already happened. How will anyone know what % of the population got Omicron?

1 Like

It’s all looking a lot more like this, IMO.

1 Like

Waste water

Who is “them”?

How do you determine what % of population has it from waste water? I haven’t been keeping up.

He also said some time ago and that borders would be opened once second dose of vaccine reached 70% of population.

10 Likes

Ah, my memory isn’t failing too badly then. I wasn’t sure if he said 70 or 80.

You are aware that the well-known heart issues you mentioned for young men are actually HIGHER if they get COVID right?

No serious account of the vaccines I read indicated sterilizing immunity (i.e. 100% blockage of infection). Based on your post, you might try to find better sources of information.

Guy

4 Likes

You are aware these are daily confirmed cases right?

Guy

1 Like

Has @afterspivak cloned himself?!?! I think one is sufficient. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, that might be something to consider too. Actually, one of the main reasons I got the original two was that my ex-girlfriend had been incredibly anxious about the virus since the start of 2020 – to the point of insisting I stayed somewhere else other than our apartment for two weeks when I came back from a necessary trip to KL in February 2020 (at a time when Malaysia had perhaps a couple of hundred cases near the border with Singapore; I said I’m not doing that), quitting her job at the start of the May 2021 outbreak so she wouldn’t need to take the MRT anymore, and a year of incessantly worrying about it in between. It had become quite intolerable, and taking her to get vaccinated together seemed a reasonable way of assuaging some of the paranoia.

I just meant the other people infected besides the detected 18, unless we’re still assuming that they have a 100% successful detection rate (?).

It’s just the crude measure of monitoring case numbers through sewage testing, which, if they’re doing it competently, probably rules out there being, say, 10,000 or 50,000 cases per day here. I doubt it rules out there being several hundred, maybe even several thousand.

6 Likes

Huh, yes, obviously I am. Isn’t that what I said? What’s your point…?

Most people I know would agree.

EDITED ACCORDINGLY. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Sounds like you made the right choice.

My point is we all know your point.

If you need me to use tons of italics to make that clear, let me know.

Guy

I remember that one. 70% was the original goal post, then it was 80%-90% and now it 50% boosted. so yeah as somebody else mentioned above, never. enjoy your perpetual never ending cycle of quarantine.

What % dosage does Taiwan need to be able to unmask outside?

6 Likes

Those people who went to Kaohsiung for LNY. Really letting the side down. :rofl:

1 Like

A lot of people don’t want boosters because the country is closed! I will happily put a booster if they open up

We can unmask whenever we want. It’s really just the will of the people. I did 1.5 hours outside today with no mask or mask on the chin.

2 Likes