Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Feb-Mar 2022

11 + 49 = 60 and no deaths.

10 Likes

The HSR is pretty strict at the moment. No food or drink to be consumed. A guy near me got pulled up by the gazpacho police for not wearing his mask correctly.

I can’t believe how scared people in authority are.

5 Likes

’ the anti-epidemic taxi:roll_eyes:

It seems this is about to become their semi-official title. Hopefully the mockery will keep people within waving distance of sanity while this plays out.

2 Likes

No one even cares about the numbers anymore.

:man_shrugging: I care. Happy to see them low, but I remain curious and unclear about the transition into whatever the new status quo becomes.

4 Likes

Be careful what you wish for.

Low numbers means the tyranny continues.

3 Likes

Sigh, words continue to get stripped of all meaning.

5 Likes

I’d care a bit if I thought they were reliable/representative. Seems like they’re doing just ca. 26k tests daily at the moment (of which I guess a few thousand (?) are the airport/quarantine tests).

2 Likes

How would you describe the CDC’s and Chen’s powers?

1 Like

There is grumbling that Chen Clock is going to be running for mayor? (correct me if I’m wrong) This sounds like he isn’t going to change shit until he elevates to political power.

only way to fix the insanity is to reciprocate quarantine travel rules. Put the Taiwanese rich kids who study abroad into a dead hooker motel for 14days. see how fast them red envelopes come out to get things changed asap.

don’t worry, the students coming in March and migrant workers will give the extortion hotels another shot in the arm.

The interview with the quarantine hotel owner, looks like the villain from space jam. Poor guy.

p.s. numbers from today mean NOTHING.
scroll down and see how many UNKOWN cases, where are they coming from? Boy that unknown cases line is getting a bit bigger and bigger everyday.

3 Likes

I don’t get the point of that story. Did people open quarantine hotels in January expecting that the demand for rooms would continue to increase indefinitely?

2 Likes

Probably not an entirely unfounded assumption, given the attitude of the CECC. I reckon we’ll all be in quarantine by April.

1 Like

Yeah, I just didn’t get the tone of the story. It seemed to be suggesting that the viewer should be concerned about the number of quarantine rooms decreasing since CNY finished, but…of course it has.

2003 SARS the beginning. Mostly Asian preview.

Intermediate season trailers with avian flu, pork flu, etc

2019 SARS The mess returns. Worldwide opening.

Accelerated trilogy conclusion, opening date unknown.

I do agree it would be better if we foster an environment where people can lead healthier lives. But most corporations are against WFH, adding sugar is cheaper than providing spaces and mechanisms so people can consume affordable healthy meals.

But if we are going to argue the poor are poor because they want to and eat badly because they are lazy…then we also have to mention the lack of empathy towards the immune depressed, the elderly or poor, bordering on eugenics.

As to the measures I hope prevail, well, we had measures in place before COVID-19 to keep the African Swine Flu out, to screen for dengue, among others. Now we need to add COVID to the bunch. Mask wearing is already part of the local culture, thank Buddha. Now if we could get hand washing with soap that would be awesome.

We have always had mask mandates. Just hope they won’t become harder to enforce. I am not sure any male in teaching is willing to risk not having kids if they get chicken pox.

Be grateful we can decide the travel bans/restrictions now and not the WHO like in 2003. Everything ends. This will soon shall pass…like a kidney stone, but it will.

3 Likes

This whole post is laughable.

2 Likes

No. There is a reporter from blue media asking the same manipulated, skewed question every day, hoping to trip Chen.

1 Like

Are you in favor of a permanent “mask mandate”? Like in 5 years you hope all teachers and students still have to wear masks in the classroom? I hope not. A return to normalcy should be a return to normalcy; not a new normal where fear permanently guides our interactions with one another and no one ever sees each other’s smiles. For now it’s fine (well, not really…. But I’m willing to tolerate it), but if we all still have to wear masks in 2024, 2025, 2026 that’s not a society I wish to live in.

11 Likes

I see it as Touché my friend.

David

So let’s say Taiwan says vaccinated tourists are welcome! And you show up from the UK with your UK vaccination records, but you are not admitted as had been stated. You think that’s fine? I don’t. It would be a terrible experience, and make Taiwan look very bad. And this is what the Philippines has effectively done.

Guy