Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Feb-Mar 2022

Is this true? I’m confused about when the last round of second vaccinations was.

What do you mean by this? 6 months since second shot so the effectiveness/protection is still high?

I’m 51 and I’ve had three shots, so I’d assume everyone at a risk higher than me has had the offer of a booster. Apart from younger obese people, possibly.

1 Like

Indeed. Then we can move conjecture there and leave this thread to updates

Just the facts, ma’am.

2 Likes

Now in English.

This news is so welcome.

8 Likes

Are there any news about if you can use an AirBnB (whole apartment, access via keycode) for your home quarantine?

Loosing what?
,:thinking:

Only brown people that do migrant work or the super rich that flaunt the rules.

Yes. They are jumping into the sweet pool of normality.

1 Like

Get rid of masks everywhere.

Even in Doctor’s rooms? Even when doing surgery?

1 Like

Ah yes, with broken bones. When there is a perfectly good ladder right there that just got built. Thank god Chen Shih Chung is in charge of the pandemic policy here.

1 Like

Wear masks where they were always worn before but not by ordinary people in ordinary situations for COVID-19 prevention of course.

1 Like

Is this not what you said?

We wore masks in Taiwan before COVID for disease prevention. We have worn them for 20 years. It was encouraged then as well.

So… you’re advocating for…mostly the same?

2 Likes

With Omicron maybe a few people close to death or some unhealthy fat ass, smoking diabetics with heart disease or lung disease will die earlier but all cause mortality will barely budge. That’s 100% acceptable to me.

2 Likes

It’s not only about unhealthy fatass smoking diabetics with heart disease.

There is flooding of the hospitals. That can be very bad for people who have accidents like falling down the stairs. That’s not their fault. It also costs taxpayers insane amounts of money and disruptions from people unable to work and needing to stay home. If worker shortages hit the fabs, then watch all our tech prices shoot up again. It costs people. It costs people time, money. It hurts people that aren’t at fault.

I don’t support opening the floodgates all at once. I support easing in. Climb down the ladder and we’ll be good to go.

4 Likes

korea is letting it rip. World covid cases are declining and Korea is just now ramping up, about to be a massive spike, and this will ALSO happen in taiwan, the people just need to decide when.

I made an illustration to help out. I know I’m a creative genius like the great Kanye West.

9 Likes

Hey. At least our balls won’t have to shrivel like the other three. We ease in and all good.

Climb the ladder!

No, not Cathay - I was referring to the HK Governments reaction to the number of new cases over the past few days - averaging over 1,000 a day for the past week and 2071 new cases today. Things have hit the fan.

1 Like

Yes, masks were optional in common situations as they should have remained so.

Travelers will also have the option to stay in designated hotels for the 10-day quarantine, Chen said.

You’re welcome.

1 Like