Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Jan. 2022

Nope, that’s following the laws currently in place. Alternative = fines

2 Likes

I’m gonna have to disagree. Like what was said above, many people wear masks for a variety of reasons. One of which is that it’s mandatory outside.

I even wore my masks when in Canada. Outside. Even away from people. Even when just going for a walk with my motther. I love how warm they get in the cold weather.

3 Likes

I thought doing sports is an exception too? Am I wrong here?
I always assumed so and actually without that exception would not have come back to Taiwan

Certain sports like mountain climbing/hiking when you’re alone, but basketball? In close contact with other people? Of course not.

1 Like

Concerning exercise. There are some who wear one when they don’t need to and some who don’t when they are supposed to. They are not necessarily more scared because they are wearing one.

Rubbish. All sports are exempt while on the field. Masks on on the sideline, off during play. Go figure.

2 Likes

Dunno that its down to Covid though. Just as likely to be due to the deteriorating attitude of students, which is a long term trend predating the pandemic.

Maybe my deteriorating attitude too, as I get more pissed off, though I hope not.

Case currently in point. I apply a negative (-4) attendance penalty to students who slope off midway through a class, (IF I notice) because I use attendance to weight their groupwork continuous assessment score, so I regard it as cheating.

Mostly they get the message and only do it once or twice.

Girl this year is a third time loser (-12), on 11/16 actual attendances, so has -29% attendance, an all-time record.

Never had negative attendance before. Might just count it as 0

1 Like

Now you have the chance to sue the landlord to the n power…once you’re out.

1 Like

It is being leaked on the news but remember: no confirmation until press conference.

all those people that tested negative doesn’t mean anything yet.

Just leavin this here.

2 Likes

How so? Does it travel on tech or food?

1 Like

Morbid curiosity dictates I ask: Did she ever take it off?

1 Like

Why is that?

1 Like

There’s a red flag. She’s the kinda chick who would make you decontaminate every time you came home and have five showers a day. Probably be scared to go anywhere too.

1 Like

France has already a new variant, even more infectious that Omicron.

They don’t know this quite yet. And it apparently arrived on the scene in France BEFORE omicron, and it appears it is being pushed aside.

Guy

1 Like

That’s bullshit. It’s not more infectious than Omicron. In fact the researchers commented on the fact it’s not fast spreading compared to other variants. It’s also probably already extinct as that study being reported is from results collected in November, before Omicron became king of the world.

1 Like

The presser is eight minutes late. We all know what this means.

Level 42.

5 Likes

Please don’t.

1 Like