Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Jan. 2022

I found out yesterday who @Duke is.

The post is 12 years old, so I suspect he is no longer around here.

Admittedly the traditional dishes of CNY are the only time I donā€™t like my mother-in-lawā€™s cooking. But I miss the people! What with COVID fears and scheduling issues, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen the in-laws since last spring, or maybe even last CNY.

You keep posting that post of his sans the strikes. Looks daft that way.

1 Like

That post is an all time classic and was so on the mark.

2 Likes

When the post is opened it comes up with the strikes.

Thatā€™s an inevitable part of posting a separate link - itā€™s just going to appear that way, with the all-important formatting gone. I suppose the other option is embedding a link to a word, like ā€œSee Dukeā€™s post here.ā€ (EDIT: Sigh, I missed a chance for a rick roll there, oh well.)

3 Likes

So has anyoneā€™s company announced work from home yet?

1 Like

Yeah, the school I teach at is in Zhongli, so weā€™ve switched to online classes (I believe all of Taoyuan has).

2 Likes

Iā€™m fixing all the quotes and phpbb errors in that topic anyways.

3 Likes

Ah, I wondered why a post that popped up and I just read and liked from @ranlee turned out to be from six years ago.

Now itā€™s actually readable.

3 Likes

my cat refuse to drink from bowls. He will drink out of toilets, sinks, water used to cool laser (which is only tap water), but not the bowl. No idea why.

No, nothing to do with that. Iā€™m just not scared of this virus. I havenā€™t been from the start.From the beginning, especially when the UK made a complete U turn on itā€™s attitude towards Covid. I just felt that the whole thing was
massively exaggerated. The death counts, the number of cases. The media just sent everyone I different directions and the real truth just got lost in a sea of misinformation.
I donā€™t know anyone at all who has had the virus, when I had to go back to the UK last September
most people I knew were saying the same, itā€™s not as bad as what the government was making it out to be.
This is just my opinion. I know the Taiwanese are different, I know they have their restrictions. I donā€™t disrespect them, I follow the rules most of the time. But I do feel they are paranoid and they over react and do stuff I feel is totally unnecessary. Sometimes itā€™s frustrating but Iā€™ll still follow the rules.
I am a bit anti establishment anyway. I would have gone totally crazy in the UK living during their lockdown.

5 Likes

you can lead a cat to water, but you canā€™t make it drink :grin:

1 Like

The vast majority of people were already safe, yet were made to feel unsafe due to government-admitted psyops.

Now, many are feeling quite are feeling sorry about government unscientific responses to the pandemic, and as the harms of these come more and more to light.

https://www.thedesertreview.com/opinion/editorials/the-number-of-small-businesses-destroyed-by-covid-lockdowns-will-astound-you/article_70e0dd76-cd36-11eb-8f46-ab3fad89c747.html

Effect on old people: ā€œLess visible but no less worrisome are the broader effects: health care denied for conditions unrelated to COVID-19; neglect and abuse in institutions and care facilities; an increase in poverty and unemployment; the dramatic impact on well-being and mental health; and thetrauma of stigma and discrimination.ā€

1 Like

@finley

@topofan

What have you been up to? Hmmm?

Oh my godā€¦

Foreigners protesting maskless in the middle of increasing omicron cases?

Canā€™t wait for the media to jump on this.

12 Likes

Foreigners participating in a political rally? Hmmmm. Prohibited.

7 Likes

And maskless.

6 Likes