Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Jan. 2022

Not trying to be mean, but I feel like 90% of the recent posts here could go in the humbug thread or some similar debate thread.

16 Likes

Absolutely right.

8 Likes

Not sure what you guys are expecting here. This is an open discussion thread. In general, if it’s about the situation in Taiwan, it’s fair game here. There are other more specific threads, and there can be more possibly if you have some parameters in mind.

5 Likes

I’ll be impressed when they let people take their own samples under medical supervision.

I don’t get why you wrote that as though it’s impressive. It reminded me of the Dr. Evil “one million dollars” line. :upside_down_face:

At least Taiwan seems to have increased its daily testing capacity since last time though (to something like 150k as far as I can tell).

3 Likes

Well, I saw a thing where doctors are asking the minister why indoor dining isn’t canceled, and he basically said that eating is a basic necessity…

1 Like

Not me either. I don’t have the time or money. I was talking in the general you.

I know people who are sent by their companies. Some get stuck. Some get sick. It ain’t nice. It is always a gamble.

The elderly who were the hard core travelers rarely get out. But yes, the really wealthy do get out. And I agree, it stings.

But as I have said, people in our side of the world are traveling and partying…the consequences are obvious and very different from what we have here.

Both options have their ups and downs.

2 Likes

I think so. Many other countries have quit testing.

Testing here is focused. From the identified case to the closest in their circle. Then the next logical steps.

Tests cut both ways. You can get a negative that turns positive. You can get an old positive. Information by itself has to be understood in context. Resources are not endless to do the contact tracing without some goals.

Random testing gets random results. We do not have spread community contagion in the thousands, we do not need at this point to test thousands. Yes, testing capacity is limited. It requires not only the tests but the technicians. Who will do the DNA sequencing? We do not have a stick for that.

One last thing:

You might receive a call from volunteers from the MOHW who want your opinion on some matters. Not a con.

2 Likes

are pilots still doing 14 day quarantines as well? I saw an article about how HK pilots are basically stuck in a perpetual quarantine cycle.

Am I reading this notice correctly?

It appears that the 7+7+7 is being scrapped and effective 1/12 every arrival on island has to do 14 days in a quarantine hotel.

This is the Taiwan Developments thread.

HK is off on its own planet when it comes to COVID restrictions. It’s a totally different story—and a brutal one if you’re running an airline.

Guy

1 Like

If so, nothing about it up on cna.com.tw yet. This does seem like a switch that would get some coverage.

Guy

I received it on the CECC official LINE account at 17:47 today.

1 Like

the local Taiwanese are tripping out so hard they want the border sealed shut into the depths of another dimension. They want to all flights stopped and nobody let in. :rofl: :rofl:

I think most of the senior citizens have no idea that 99% of the people coming in are citizens who live abroad and study in the states.

I can totally see that news as being true.

4 Likes

so total of 31 cases in the airport cluster?

btw wtf is a peach machine?

1 Like

Abbreviation for taoyuan Airport?

5 Likes

I guess this is the English version

This is only for 10 countries.

https://www.mohw.gov.tw/cp-5264-65503-1.html

2 Likes

wait…

so if you book a hotel and test positive you can get your money back, which means…FREE quarantine at the hospital isolation room? … :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

4 Likes