Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Jan. 2022

My school is closing Friday.
I read all the comments after I posted lol.

1 Like

Rich Taiwanese flying home for LNY. It’s not essential travel and it’s fucked us right up.

8 Likes

I haven’t seen my parents for well over two years now. The spoilt fuckers can’t skip one fucking CNY?

13 Likes

It might be for the best. Omicron gets loose and this shit ends. It’s going to have to happen eventually.

4 Likes

Same here. NZ won’t even let me back in.

3 Likes

How are they going to quarantine everyone if this gets out? Allow home quarantine again?
Do they plan on bussing all the infected to quarantine centres?

Well at a certain point we’ll all have it. And that’ll be the end of it.

Taiwan is actually insane. Look at this case,

The girl was most likely infected after her return from Kaohsiung but the idiots still go ahead and close a mall for disinfection.

5 Likes

Taoyuan high schools still open next week

I feel like even the richest folks wouldn’t want to go through 6 PCR tests, 14 days of quarantine likely in some shitty hotel (very few good ones), pay 50k+ NTD for the ordeal (LNY prices are crazy), and risk being put into a shitty hospital isolation room. Anyone who is daring enough to travel to Taiwan at the moment deserves to be here.

I am quite sure the influx this LNY will be much less than in 2021 and in 2020. I wish there were stats that we could look at.

1 Like

Taiwan might have been more successful than everyone else for keeping COVID at bay, but OMG do they need to drop the theater.

6 Likes

CNY of 2020 was pretty much over before there was much reaction about COVID. I had gone to the US and come back during the break before any sort of quarantine had begun.

25 flights a day from the US. It’s still non-essential travel unless you have ailing relatives.

5 Likes

I’ve had five, and wouldn’t wish them on my worst enemy.

1 Like

25? Surely not - you are not by chance counting code-shares?

2 Likes

I don’t know. I looked at airport arrivals. It’s a goodly number.

Wait till the already present taiwanese move to their hometowns for further spread. No way they gonna cancel their train tickets.

2 Likes

The CDC may go to a shelter in place scenario. Just for kicks.

They’ll cancel trains if they have to. Or reduce seating.

I just looked too and here is one example - BR18 (EVA) from San Francisco, due at 19:50 has 4 code-shares attached - TG-6252, AV-4509, CM-8011 and SQ-5818

13 today but about six cancelled. The website groups all the code shares into a single flight ID.

How are SO many people testing negative on the PCR two calendar days before the flight and then testing positive on arrival? That’s what I find weird. I’m wondering how many of those imported cases are CT less than 30 - This stat is probably more relevant now given how widespread Omicron has become.

7 Likes