Coronavirus--Taiwan developments

AKA TV BULL SH * T.

Guy

He looks terrifying but I guess I passed the test after some extensive Kaohliang and Taiwan beer sessions!

I hope those sessions weren’t recently and in one particular KTV establishment.

Ok, new theory then: they got it from gringos they met halfway between Palau and Taiwan. Must have been around a week after they set sail from Palau. Then the dates and the secrecy would make sense.

Talking about secrecy, colorful guy from Keelung bus has contacted the authorities and is happily and willingly in quarantine. Very cooperating guy.

7 Likes

Korean Fish and the Tainan mayor seem to be stirring manure up, setting their own rules for a possible lockdown, with 4 cases they say. Whining and complaining and threatening, ugh, all the way.

1 Like

This virus has made me miss the sniffle dorks on every train. There’s always one martyr you can count on being there. I guess this virus scare has forced people to learn how to blow their own noses lest they get the evil eye.

3 Likes

Most likely. All of the people who got it still came from the same boat?

Are we sure it’s not a random jobless dude with a flower t-shirt who just wants the quarantine money?

2 Likes

Good question. I think we did. Not as widely but yeah.

Masks have always been popular for driving.

Then sandstorm in winter and the pollution made wearing the filter/cloth ones trendy.

People have been wearing masks for a long time in Taiwan. I first came here in 1990 and noticed people wearing masks. Mainly I think it was for protection from pollution and dust (activated charcoal masks were popular, and it was common for scooter riders to wear them), plus they were worn by people who were sick. In fact, when I visited China in 1988, I also saw people wearing masks to protect them from the dust and pollution of the rapidly growing cities.

Wearing a mask has been a common habit for decades in East Asia.

3 Likes

Hopefully they’ll just quarantine the mayors.

1 Like

Head starting to roll in the navy…

Guy

6 Likes

"According to medical records released by the military, 148 people aboard the Panshi, the supply ship on which the cluster occurred, sought medical treatment 226 times during its month-long trip.

Aside from five visits for fevers, 10 were for upper respiratory tract symptoms."

What’s going on?

4 Likes

So 148 people of whatever proportion of the 700 were on that particular ship (of three ships) sought medical attention during the one month. That seems surprisingly high, no?

1 Like

I’m no expert, but I do think that would be surprisingly high, unless you compare it with Diamond Princess

1 Like

337 on the vessel.

確認就診人數148人、226人次(包括發燒5、上呼吸道10、頭痛2、腸胃不適18、暈船62、外科41、皮膚23、口腔10、眼科11、其他【健康諮詢等】44)病歷就診紀錄。

This should be compared with the past similar sails of vessels.

1 Like

Quick side question for forumosans: anyone have a list of countries with postal services that are currently operating to/from Taiwan?

Guy

1 Like

Maybe some partial info in this other thread.

1 Like

Right! I’ll post over there. Appreciate it!

Guy

She’s been around a bit to say the least. :mask: