Coronavirus--Taiwan developments

I’m giving it another week to get worse, if it will. Not that this changes much about my day-to-day…still avoiding outings as much as possible.

The boys look and sound real tired. :sleepy:

The term “goodwill fleet” is sounding rather Orwellian at this stage…

Just seeing Robin Williams’ face is enough to make me bawl my eyes out these days…

2 Likes

In Spanish we call it Friendship Fleet. Flotilla de la Amistad.

i am trusting our luck, it has held so far. It is a good wake up call. The Taiwan CDC had set specific SOP, MND did not follow it, went its own way, and now it is in deep water.

1 Like

Then there was probably no “confidential mission.” You can’t expect these untrained kids to keep a lid on anything secret.

4 Likes

Taiwan News with its brief daily report on the CDC press conference:

Guy

Sounds logical. Or maybe it could be because they ask no questions, follow orders, mind their own business… who knows at this point.

Where was the case today from - Navy? or another source? Edit, answered as I posted.

Where can you find pleasure, search the world for treasure
Learn science technology?
Where can you begin to make your dreams all come true
On the land or on the sea?
Where can you learn to fly, play in sports and skin dive
Study oceanography?
Sign off for the big band or sit in the grandstand
When your team and others meet

1 Like

Has anyone mentioned that Penghu just stated a fine of 3000 NTD if you do not wear a mask while outdoors? The mayor says it is because of the possibility of community spread from the"sailors".

Penghu public officials also forbidden to leave for Tainan or Kaohsiung, same reasoning.

3 Likes

I am starting to wonder if Taiwan(ese) have had it before or some form of it, therefore many have antibodies to the virus in their blood. See: MSN

If this is the case, then what has happened past two months with local cases having limited spread makes more sense? It would be interesting to know how many have antibodies to the virus in their blood, like in that newslink.

3 Likes

They tested the embassy personnel in Palau, all clear, first test.

Clear on jiu tien woman and death flight:

1 Like

Innate immunity resulting from Taiwanese aboriginal genes found in the vast majority of Taiwanese? How many cases on the East Coast? How many SARS cases in that part of Taiwan? Hmmmmmm. And hmmmmmmm.

4 Likes

Aha. Thought you could get away with it… :rofl:

The person at my uni who has been quarantined had some sort of family relationship with one of the sailors. Or that’s what I’ve been told. It supposedly puts the uni on Stage 3 of risk. If we get one more virus event then we are closed for two weeks.

4 Likes

News mentioning possible lock-down in Tainan

News designed to frighten people.

1 Like

Just stirring. CDC says its a long way from requiring a lockdown. There’s a lot of people making a lot of noise right now for no good reason.

7 Likes

Fingers crossed guys