Coronavirus--Taiwan developments

6 Likes

Protest coming?

Yeah! Fuck shit up!

Btw this topic should be a separate :thread:.

3 Likes

Can you split it?

It ainā€™t me babeā€¦

Now another one - family of 4 arrived in Kaohsiung, dad from the UK, mom is Taiwanese, and 2 kids. They get to the Quarantine Hotel and dad is then separated from mom and kids.

https://chinapost.nownews.com/20200702-1466374

6 Likes

( P )ARC LIVES MATTER!

2 Likes

ā€œAfter checking up on the family, Chuang said that the CECC will assist Macfarlaneā€™s family who has decided to head to Taipei today and to stay with Macfarlaneā€™s mother-in-law for the rest of the quarantine period.ā€

Iā€™m surprised they can change quarantine location. Anyway, so when they now go into a private residence they can all stay together?

The way I read it is that dad stays put in the Q Hotel, while mom and kids go and stay with her mother in Taipei. Must be a big house if grandma can stay away from daughter and kids.

1 Like

I think that you simply need an ensuite bathroom to do home quarantine.

If the father needs to stay in the hotel, the situation is the same as before.

1 Like

I have a feeling they may be blocking IP address outside of Taiwan. My Canadian IP is blocked. Likely trying to avoid outside country requests.

Guys, one more case from abroad, 448.

Weird, no details out yet.

1 Like

ā€œFamilies can also request to stay together during quarantine, but because of the risk, would need to submit a waiver form to the Ministry of Health and Welfare, he added.ā€

Maybe they filled out that waiver form? Do anyone have more information about this form?

Not really, now the grandmother has a possibility of getting the virus and she might transfer it to me at the bingo.

Same with the buses. Taipei bus site blocked in Canada.

1 Like

Maybe payback time for the countries that seem to have Hinet blocked. :grin:

If they want to discourage us ARC and APRC holders from leaving the island, they could do as the old country: you leave, you cannot come back.

Though such a high threshold as getting the test is already not welcoming.

1 Like

Case 448

Taiwan business man came back from Mexico. He was there since February, came back to Taiwan yesterday.

Became sick mid June.

EDIT:

On July 2, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced one new confirmed imported case of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Taiwan. Case #448 is an over 50-year-old male who visited Mexico in early February for work. He returned to Taiwan on July 1.

The case experienced a headache, cough, fever, fatigue, and limb weakness from June 17 to June 22. He sought medical attention for his symptoms several times in Mexico but he wasnā€™t tested for COVID-19. His symptoms resolved on June 25 after medical treatment. When returning to Taiwan on July 1, the case voluntarily reported his symptoms during the past 14 days to quarantine officers at the airport. After the quarantine officers arranged his testing, the case was transported to a group quarantine facility. Infection with COVID-19 was laboratory-confirmed in the case on July 2. The case is currently hospitalized in isolation for medical treatment.

The CECC reported that a cumulative total of 77,025 cases related to COVID-19 have been reported among which COVID-19 has been ruled out in 76,084. Of these reported cases, infection with COVID-19 was laboratory-confirmed in 448 cases. Of 448 confirmed cases in Taiwan, 357 are imported and 55 are indigenous while 36 are naval crew members aboard the Panshi fast combat support ship.
From Taiwan CDC website

5 Likes

Makes sense. I have VPN on my wireless router for TV so I can use sling.

Can somebody provide a sample letter to the Minister? Or maybe the essential 2-3 points that should be mentioned? A sample letter to be tweaked and personalized would be best for us lazy (and busy) folks.

2 Likes

He was probably not contagious , very low viral count most likely.